GPX Patch

Posted by F1Classicfan 
GPX Patch
Date: November 21, 2016 02:06PM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
I recently had to reinstall gp4, and the version I have had gpx patch 4.2 installed with it. (Unfortunately for some reason I cannot download the version on GP4 Central). I deleted the 4.2 version, and installed version 4.44. It loaded fine, however, in the gp4 files, the gpx application no longer has the little x logo, and neither does the shortcut. I tried reinstalling it several times, and turned my anti-virus software off, but still got the same result. I was just wondering if the lack of a logo means anything more serious than just a missing logo? I'd hate to get halfway through a season and have gpx no longer working. Gpx otherwise seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: GPX Patch
Date: November 21, 2016 07:17PM
Posted by: SDI
A missing application icon shouldn't matter. Maybe your icon cache is corrupt or something. You can google for tutorials on how to rebuild it.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: November 21, 2016 08:12PM
Posted by: Jordhy
In version 4.44 I can not configure a rainy weather, even changing the data in the GPx patch. How to solve this ???
Date: November 22, 2016 08:41PM
Thanks Rene. I ended up rebuilding the icons cache. Weirdly though, after doing that I had to reinstall the gpx patch to get it to work. But everything works fine now and I have the icon. Thanks again for your help.
Date: November 23, 2016 10:47AM
Posted by: TomMK
F1Classicfan
Unfortunately for some reason I cannot download the version on GP4 Central

What's the problem?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: November 23, 2016 03:03PM
Hi Tom,

When I try to download the game from GP4 Central I get what looks like a page of programming text. I tried installing the game using WinRAR instead, but got the following message:

C:Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet files\Content.IE5\R8BNREGD\Grand Prix 4v1.02 (patched) (inc. GPxPatch v4.44) 7z: The archive is corrupt.

I reloaded WinRAR and turned off my anti-virus software but still got the same result. I figure the problem is probably something at my end as no-one else has reported any similar issues.

It's no big deal as I downloaded the game from the GPG site and just updated GPX from 4.2 to version 4.44. But any thoughts you might have I'm sure would be helpful.

Thanks Again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 09:12PM by F1Classicfan.
Date: November 23, 2016 05:49PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Try with 7zip, it's a free tool, I'm not sure if RAR can handle 7z files.

Date: November 24, 2016 04:49PM
Posted by: SDI
Jordhy Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In version 4.44 I can not configure a rainy
> weather, even changing the data in the GPx patch.
> How to solve this ???

I don't know, I've never heard anyone having problems with it.

Date: November 25, 2016 08:33AM
Posted by: mildseven555
TomMK Wrote:
> > Unfortunately for some reason I cannot download
> the version on GP4 Central
>
>
> What's the problem?

I have tried downloading the Gpxpatched Game File at GP4 Central from 3 different computers and all of them was corrupted. Both 7z and Winrar report the files as corrupt. :(
Date: December 04, 2016 02:42PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Jordhy Schreef:
> In version 4.44 I can not configure a rainy
> weather, even changing the data in the GPx patch.
> How to solve this ???

I don't know, I've never heard anyone having problems with it.

Use these parameters: Weather type: Custom Probability of rain: 63% and Random seed: 58427,34412,6622,34363,4806,52950
I used it in the original version of the game and we got the expected effects, spray on both the front and rear cars. MOD2015 [www.4shared.com] NOCSM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy