AI is way too slow

Posted by safianm 
AI is way too slow
Date: October 30, 2016 02:39AM
Posted by: safianm
Hi,

So i'm playing the 2012 mod with 2012 tracks and im thinking this is going to be a good season.

But as it turns out like Sakhir for example, I'm lapping 4 seconds faster than the ai in qualifiying alone.

Dont Understand the problem.

Any help would be apperciated
Re: AI is way too slow
Date: October 30, 2016 02:32AM
Posted by: Foreverk
2012 mod CSM or non CSM?
Date: October 30, 2016 11:53AM
Posted by: davegp4
is it on ace?

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: November 01, 2016 04:17PM
Posted by: XenonS
My experience with GP4, playing mods or the vanilla game, is that it much depends what controllers you play with and then, yes, the difficulty settings.

I feel it much more difficult to play with a wheel and pedals and the pure inside cockpit view, which is most reallistic.
Then, using a joystick is still challenging, a bit less difficult than a wheel.
Using keyboards alone is both unreallistic and the hell difficult...

I use to chose from Rookie/Amateur/Semi-Pro/Pro/Ace so that I perform in the top ten by doing my best with a joystick and TV-view which gives me a broader view to the circuit. I never made it to ace and top ten, some circuits are just too difficult, and the AI has huge advantages especially in wet conditions.

Some mods may be much more difficult than others compared to standard game because of adjusted Performance Files, circuit Grip, AI errors, all factors set in the 'Magic Data' of a circuit, which you can adjust yourself to make AI less perfect and give you an easier run - or in your case a harder run. Also chose to drive for a team which is not top but middle-ranked or low-ranked, the car performances will be that much lower and more difficult for you to place well in a race.

XenonS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2016 05:43PM by XenonS.
Date: November 01, 2016 08:35PM
Posted by: phantaman
Well, I do not agree with this and I'll tell you why ... A Keyboard can also be configured in a few items (true), but it is possible and with this, the drivability will get better. You mentioned physics ... there are physics and PHYSICS. Good physics takes time and testing. It is necessary to interpret (and estimate) datas that can be found and read. This is not easy to find, but it is not impossible. Magicdata must be in standard (where possible). Then certain tracks appear in disparate things such as:

18000; track grip

There is obvious to me that things are going to happen (same or similar) described there in your post. And I'm just quoting an item ... because there is more I find there. ;)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: November 01, 2016 10:33PM
Posted by: XenonS
The keyboard controlls? wow, I think I would strongly have to get used to it if I chose them. But GP4 has one big feature IMO: If you chose the joystick, you don't have to assign a separate control for gearing down, this is done simply when your controller is at neutral or if you brake, so you can use the same button as for gearing up and gearing down. This is a great feature, I wish the EA F1 had a similar setting.

Track / Difficulty settings:
You are at no risk if you try out different Difficulty settings or Driving Options (F1-F9). However, if you chose to change any Magic Data settings (which all go far beyond what you can set in the standard game, but show very interesting effects) I recommend in any case to previously consult the forum here for the different values, it^s true that you may mess-up a track by doing it wrongly. Always backup your track data !! I should have said this above.

Sakhir track...
It's surprising that OP says to have a big advantage on the Sakhir track, my experience is quite different (with the mod 2006 instead of 2012). There are a lot of straights, so the car setup is very important, I have increased all gear relations to have top speed, and STILL I have no advantage when driving as Nico Rosberg (at 2006 only a medium strong team). Last time I played Sakhir my place was 8th on Amateur level in a 100% race, and 2nd in qualifying.
Humm...With the current F1 rules, my driving style would cause a punishment of a drive-through every 2 minutes I suppose ;-)

Greets,
XenonS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2016 10:45PM by XenonS.
Date: November 01, 2016 11:03PM
Posted by: phantaman
I insist to inform that it is possible to configure some keyboard items, it driveability may prove to be easier to see numerous messages and posts consulted here in this forum.

is an example => [www.grandprixgames.org]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: November 01, 2016 11:19PM
Posted by: landex
I have driven lots 0f races always in 100% ace. The wheel is the best with 25% steering help(i dont know why, but is it impossible to drive with no steering help at all).
Never use break help or TC. I use TC-help only at the 1993 mod. without TC its more fun, you have accelerate slowly.:-)

With joystick in the early days i always used switched option, but it was not realistic.

The setup is the most important, i never use default always custom setting.
And if a mod its difficulty just change the human grip the g3p file
Re: AI is way too slow (solved)
Date: November 03, 2016 02:05AM
Posted by: safianm
I have found the problem and the problem is that i changed the difficulty from rookie to semi pro. Funny thing is i play on a keyboard. I also downloaded a driver aid editor so i can still use auto brakes. Thanks for any help
Date: November 03, 2016 07:49PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
When the AI is way too slow than you are way too fast! ;)(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy