Helmets conversion

Posted by rracunis 
Helmets conversion
Date: November 06, 2016 07:18AM
Posted by: rracunis
I'm trying to convert the helmets from RFactor Indycar 2016 to GP4 . I have created a helmet shape following the same steps which I make to convert cars using zmodeler and GP4builder . However , it haven't been working well , always white ingame.
Please which is my mistake and do I have to do any different thing than car's conversion ?

Re: Helmets conversion
Date: November 06, 2016 12:27PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Best guess is that the object names in the .GP4 file are incorrect.

Helmets need a 'Helmet' object, and a 'Visor' object (which the game will make transparent).

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: November 06, 2016 12:32PM
Understood , will try . Actually , just have the helmet object , this should be the problem .
Thanks
Date: November 06, 2016 07:51PM
It's weird , I have replaced the driver1 ( Hamilton ) in the F1 MOD ( just a poor attempt ) but doesn't work ingame . However , all is fine in the zmodeler and in the GP4builder , same shape and textures used in the softwares and in the game .

Date: November 06, 2016 08:06PM
I sorted it out . Just have to improve the helmet's shape , taking some faces out . Thanks for the hint Doug :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2016 08:07PM by rracunis.
Date: November 07, 2016 09:13PM
Posted by: munnzy
well done looks great (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy