Car shape in the GP4buider - some issues

Posted by rracunis 
Car shape in the GP4buider - some issues
Date: October 28, 2016 04:04PM
Posted by: rracunis
Maybe this issue had already been discussed before here , if so I'm sorry for that . I converted some shapes from rfactor using zmodeler and they are really huge ( about 140000 vertices and size of 5 MB ) . I can open in the GP4builder but , because of the size and polycount , can't be saved ( too many faces/vertices per scene ) . I deleted some objects which could not be visible in game but the problem persists . How can I reduce the size and polycount of the shape in order to save the .gp4 file in the GP4builder ?
Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 07:26PM by rracunis.
Tried [www.grandprixgames.org]?

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Thanks Ariel for your fast reply . However I don't have the basic requirement to follow the Excalibur's tutorial which is the original car shape ( car_carname_car1_lod_0.gp4 or car_carname_car2_lod_0.gp4) as I can't save the shape in the GP4Builder
But if you donĀ“t have the .gp4 file how do you open it in GP4Builder?
I do not remember very well, but in 2010 with the TC 2000 Corolla had that problem ...
Exported from Zmodeler to GP4.
In GP4 format, i used Poly Cruncher and then I could open it and save it in GP4 Builder.

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
I have a car .gp4 file exported from zmodeler and I can open it in GP4Builder , then when tried to save it , got a message saying that the scene has too many faces/vertices and this can crash the game if loaded ( or something like that) .
Load the .gp4 file again in zmodeler, export it as .3ds and use polygon cruncher to reduce the faces/vertices, as you would if you were making low lods
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Load the .gp4 file again in zmodeler, export it as
> .3ds and use polygon cruncher to reduce the
> faces/vertices, as you would if you were making
> low lods

Thanks , I will try
Re: Car shape in the GP4buider - some issues
Date: October 30, 2016 07:35PM
I have managed to reduce the size of the car's shape as you can see in the first image below ( Fig 1 ) . However , ingame , the specific textures ( body , driver and wings ) are not correct ( Fig 2 ) . Actually , this was the first attempt but there was mistakes for sure .
Any help ?

Fig 1

Fig 2

Date: October 31, 2016 11:41AM
SOLVED
Date: October 31, 2016 04:50PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
What was the problem?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 31, 2016 05:39PM
The main textures ( body , driver and wings ) were not saved in full transparency :-o
Date: October 31, 2016 06:39PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I got this in the past, if I remember correctly :
if you set no transparency but tga has an alpha channel => any pixel with alpha channel value <1 will be black

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2016 06:48PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 31, 2016 09:29PM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got this in the past, if I remember correctly :
> if you set no transparency but tga has an alpha
> channel => any pixel with alpha channel value <1
> will be black

Thanks Laurent for your comment . Actually , the textures had alpha channel but there was no transparency on them and that's why the car was black . I have converted the textures from TGA to TEX using the Slimtex , setting full transparency , and the problem was sorted out .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy