Question About Pitcrews & Physics

Posted by timtoffee 
Question About Pitcrews & Physics
Date: October 04, 2016 08:25PM
Posted by: timtoffee
Hey guys I was wondering if the pitcrew textures are actually linked to the carshape order you use. I did what I thought was the correct order and for some reason most are not in the order they should be. Is there a way to make it easier to know what's what when it comes to this?

On a side note, I was wondering how to change the physics to use 18000 RPM, I tried using the physics editor and changed it in GP4 but its still topping out at 15000 RPM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 08:37PM by timtoffee.
Re: Question About Pitcrews & Physics
Date: October 05, 2016 03:17PM
Posted by: XenonS
In CSM there is a tool called Easywad, you can open wad files and - in your case - see what's inside anims.wad. The mods have the raw files of the pitcrew textures in the data\Anim folder usually and a new anims.wad is built when you start game (afterwards it's restored of course). Because car shapes are saved in cars.wad the answer to your question is: no, they are not linked to the car shapes.
It would be interesting to know if there are physics data for the pitcrew, I don't believe so. Pitcrew strategy (and its behavior) is set in the Magic Data of any track and can be changed or change it in-game with simple settings in the Car Setup.

Changing RPM: Check if you can do it in the Magic Data for the track (use TSM or IMagic), or you can use the Physics Editor but I don't know what changes are made there, I never used it. I was never able to finish a race in wet conditions with the default values, so I would be a fool trying and mess up the physics :-)

XenonS

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2016 04:39PM by XenonS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy