Damage settings: old discussion revived, I see only nonsense

Posted by XenonS 
Damage settings: old discussion revived, I see only nonsense
Date: September 15, 2016 08:57PM
Posted by: XenonS
There are some relevant posts about Damage Settings, also in the FAQs. My tests have resulted only in nonsense however and I'd like to see more clearly.
There are 3 basic settings you can set to control the damage:

GP4Tweaker > Damage Coefficient > makes all cars more or less resistant, but has NO impact on influencing retirement / non-retirement. A non-retirement means the car's motor is still ON and the car has enough parts remaining to return to the pits to repair.
CSM.ini > [MISC] > damage=xxxx > any value set here (it doesn't matter which value) will make AI cars indestructible, but again will NOT influence the motor state, a hard hit will shut down the motor and make the car retire although the car has no damage.
Settings\Damage.ini > Here a lot of settings are possible, but only the less interesting ones, the entries 1 and 4, will work and give results turning GP4 into an arcade game. The default values are:

[Damage]
;the comment is the game default value.
;it's not necessary to have it, but it might be good for reference
DamageCarsBounce =32 ;32
DamageWalls =7424 ;7424
DamageCars =8192 ;8192
DamageWallsBounce =16 ;16
NoseCone =2 ;2
RightWing =130 ;130
LeftWing =130 ;130
RightWingFence =66 ;66
LeftWingFence =66 ;66
RightFrontSuspension =136 ;136
RightFrontWheel =136 ;136
LeftFrontSuspension =68 ;68
LeftFrontWheel =68 ;68
RightSidePod =8 ;8
LeftSidepod =4 ;4
CarRear =12 ;12
RightRearSuspension =34 ;34
RightRearWheel =34 ;34
LeftRearSuspension =17 ;17
LeftRearWheel =17 ;17
EntireRearWing =256 ;256
RightRearWing =256 ;256
LeftRearWing =256 ;256
TopRearWing =256 ;256
LeftBargeBoard =8 ;8
RightBargeBoard =4 ;4

All values except 1 and 4 have no logical consequence, no visible impact that makes them different from the default values.

Here my precise question: How to make AI cars always keep their motor ON whatever crash they sustain ? If the settings allow that, then maybe I can test the values further. And no, the entries 2 and 3 do nothing.
Even if I am wrong and some values make sense, GP4 would need a tweaker for the motor state (ON or OFF at specific values) to turn the game in a realistic simulation IMO.

Thanks,
XenonS

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 09:27PM by XenonS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy