[SOLVED] Tyre Textures

Posted by timtoffee 
[SOLVED] Tyre Textures
Date: July 30, 2016 10:56AM
Posted by: timtoffee
Hi all I was just wondering how easy or hard it is to make tyre wall textures like Excalibur did for the Pirelli P-Zero's... I was maybe If I can make some Goodyear Eagle tyres using the same colour scheme to add a little variety in my new mod so you are not just thrown into having pirelli tyres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2016 01:40AM by timtoffee.
Re: Tyre Textures
Date: July 30, 2016 01:38PM
Posted by: Lacrowe
I was wondering how the time of the creation of a tire which was added a new mod could be useful to see how it will appear if only I could figure out its length along with half of its life

CASE: NZXT H440 RAZER SPECIAL EDITION SCHEDA MADRE: ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME CPU:Intel i7 3960x EXTREME EDITION RAM:128GB DDR4 CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133MHZ SCHEDA VIDEO: ASUS GTX 980 POSEIDON SSD: OCZ VERTEX 4 1TB HARD DISK:WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 4TB X 8 SCHEDA AUDIO:SOUND BLASTER Z ALIM:COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD 1100W

CASE: NZXT H440 RAZER SPECIAL EDITION SCHEDA MADRE: ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME CPU:Intel i7 3960x EXTREME EDITION RAM:128GB DDR4 CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133MHZ SCHEDA VIDEO: ASUS GTX 980 POSEIDON SSD: OCZ VERTEX 4 1TB HARD DISK:WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 4TB X 8 SCHEDA AUDIO:SOUND BLASTER Z ALIM:COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD 1100W

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 01:39PM by Lacrowe.
Date: July 31, 2016 01:11AM
I had a go at it and thought wow this is gonna be a toughie....If any of you guys are willing to lend a helping hand please send me a PM..
Date: August 30, 2016 09:07AM
Thanks a lot for the help on this guys...or lack of...
Date: August 30, 2016 10:05AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I can see what I can do, but please stop with crying.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 30, 2016 11:12AM
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see what I can do, but please stop with
> crying.

I do apologise for being like that but I am trying to find something to take my mind off tomorrow where i will find out if my dad has bowel cancer or not so I am a bit on edge. I was only asking for help so i can continue making mods for the community.
Date: August 30, 2016 11:41AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Well, I hope it will be good news.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 30, 2016 01:09PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Sad to hear my friend, wish your dad all the best and hopefully he get some good news.

I will burn a candle for your dad.

Let me know what they said my friend, my thoughts are with you and your dad.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: August 30, 2016 03:37PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
My best wishes for tomorrow.

I just wanted to tell you that pirelli tyres are not compatible to most other tyres, I have already tried that for many times.
Date: August 30, 2016 06:42PM
Posted by: vesuvius
TGF1DRIVER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My best wishes for tomorrow.
>
> I just wanted to tell you that pirelli tyres are
> not compatible to most other tyres, I have already
> tried that for many times.

Just a little bit of tex editing needed and all of tyre textures will work with pirelli tyres.
Date: August 30, 2016 07:55PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Well, maybe my sentence was a bit wrong. I meant that nearly any pirelli tyre textures (except the ones from 2011) won't work with other tyres templates.
Date: August 31, 2016 11:28AM
Thanks for the best wishes guys I'm still waiting to hear what's going on. To be honest I have no idea how to make tyre textures in the first place. I was hoping to get some different ones so it's something different for the mod but no clue even where to start
Date: September 09, 2016 12:29AM
Just an update, Things are ok :) But still clueless with the tyre textures. Don't even know where to begin.
Date: September 09, 2016 02:55AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
This is a bit rough, but I hope it helps:

1) Find a Goodyear Eagle sidewall texture, such as one from the 1996 Mod, or look for a stencil online.
2) Open one of Excalibur's Pirelli textures in [Preferred Image Editor] - Or, better yet, ask him for his 2016 Pirelli Tyres template.
3) Copy and paste the Goodyear Eagle bit in place of the Pirelli sidewall
4) Depending on the program you are using, there should be an option to 'Colorize' somewhere, which will allow you to change the colour to match the Pirelli scheme.

I'll try and do something later on as an example, but can't guarantee how it'll turn out.

Glad to hear your dad is OK, good news.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 10, 2016 11:09AM
Thanks Doug, You mean summit like this??
Date: September 10, 2016 08:38PM
I managed to do the standing still textures but struggling with being able to make it look like motion blur like excaliburs. Plus the standing still in game is still the pirellis
Date: September 11, 2016 02:19AM
I know I'm way off at the moment but this is all i've been able to do thus far.
Date: September 11, 2016 03:27AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Yes mate, that's what I was thinking of.
For the blur, it depends on what program you are using.
I only know GIMP so, if that's what you use:
* Filters -> Blur -> Motion Blur
* For the Tread, use 'Linear' blur with 'Angle' set to 180 or 360, changing the 'Length' for each level of Blur
* For the Sidewall, use 'Radial' blur, making sure the 'Blur Center' is pointing to the centre of your Sidewall. I can't remember which values I use for Angle, but you should be able to work it out by trial and error.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 11, 2016 03:29AM
Thanks Doug I'll see what I can do. To have the same standing still do you have to change the wheel textures as well as the ones named tread?
Date: September 11, 2016 12:42PM
Sending out a massive thank you to Doug, I've managed to do it at last, I thank you immensely and giving huge kudos....Thanks matey!! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy