Season 2005 - disturbing white 'BE' artefact in 3D world

Posted by XenonS 
Season 2005 - disturbing white 'BE' artefact in 3D world
Date: September 03, 2016 06:28AM
Posted by: XenonS
Hi,
I'm highly enjoying the Season 2005 that I downloaded from G4db.com. In the standard settings with visors enabled I get a white 'BE' artefact that is moving onscreen with every movement of the controller. I guess it's a grafical remaining of the initial menu where you chose to leave the pits, get fuel, etc. It appears only after leaving the pits.

Any idea how to resolve this? I googled of course already without finding this problem.

Thanks,
XenonS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2016 06:29AM by XenonS.
Re: Season 2005 - disturbing white 'BE' artefact in 3D world
Date: September 06, 2016 04:58PM
Posted by: XenonS
I have investigated further, the artifact's label is not BE but SE and is part of the menu called "SELECT FUEL". This is the little menu you get when loading the track before pressing Enter to drive. I think the text SELECT FUEL is too long and the menu placed too much on the left side with the consequence that frame updates will not cancel the 2 starting letters SE.

So, as a fix I have 2 choices: placing the menu more on the right or editing the SELECT FUEL entry to be FUEL alone. Thank you for a modding expert to help me doing this (H). Is there a setting in GPxPatch to control the position/size of this menu? Or else any INI/TEX/BMP file?
I'm playing at a resolution of 1920x1080 and I plan to download also the 2006 Season where I guess there is the same problem. I'm also surprised not finding anything by googling, but the keywords are rather hard here...

Thank you to feedback, especially if you know that the above is wrong and there's NO solution, so I don't lose my time :-)

Thanks,
XenonS

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 05:36PM by XenonS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy