GP4 MotoGP help(fixed)

Posted by davegp4 
GP4 MotoGP help(fixed)
Date: August 30, 2016 01:49PM
Posted by: davegp4
We now have shadows thanks to those wonderful Turbo / Hega ideas(B)
they are crude shadows but it makes the game so much more realistic now.
the painting is the most trouble, I have all but the body, arms & legs painted
the bike is now looking sweet but as for team colours, where gonna have a problem, being that
the mod is based on the helmet00 file so I'm really stuck for someone to mod this bike shape from the helmet
or perhaps just create a tex file that extends from the helmet to the whole body & bike, one big paint job that covers the lot, a possible 11 teams!
(like daffy duck says when he's really in strife-------- HELP & MOTHER!) any painters that could help me please?(@)
cheers.(I)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 05:12AM by davegp4.
I think it is only possible if the helmet is part of the carshape.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
You can try this.

Look for a file called "shadow_underd.tex" in your cars.wad. Be careful, not "shadow_under.tex" or "shadow_overd.tex" as they are in there too but ignore them.

Convert it to TGA and it will look like this:

Now you can change the shape of the car shadow by simply painting over the original one. I guess you will want to make it look like a motogp bike.

Just a quick example of a simple edit:

Convert it back to TEX and put it in your cars.wad.

The most important thing now is to set the shadows quality in your game graphics options to "Low"

This is the only choice to get that shadow show up ingame. If set to Medium or High, the game will try to generate a dynamic shadow and it won't work in your case.
Turbo & Hega(I)(B)
making an upgrade pack soon

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy