Logitech G27 - need help

Posted by rracunis 
Logitech G27 - need help
Date: March 21, 2014 10:49PM
Posted by: rracunis
Probably this matter was already discussed a lot here but didn't find the answer for some doubts I have . I purchased a cockipt and a Logitech G27 with triple screens . I had a force feedback steering wheel many and many years ago and it worked nicely but I have suffered a lot with the new hardware configuration which I have now ( cockipt+steering wheel +screens ) . I tried to configure the steering wheel but ingame isn't precise , the force feedback is weak and I didn't get to choose and save ingame some keys controls , like pit out , pit in , reverse etc. Please could you someone explain me how the best way to make the steering wheel works well ? Also tried to configure in the control options ingame but when left the pit in the qualifying , the maximum speed was 80km/h , don't remember why it happens and how to solve it .
Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 10:55PM by rracunis.
Re: Logitech G27 - need help
Date: March 23, 2014 09:48PM
It's quite sad have asked help and didn't receive any reply . I don't want to bother anybody but I'm really disappointed in the past few days because I can't handle with this Logitech G27 . Again I will try to get help , I bought a new PC , cockipt and screens to play GP4 again after more 10 years just watching the races on my laptop in the spectator mode and making some works released in the past 2 years here .
I read a lot of posts here and have sought in the internet for a solution of the problem but wasn't successful . I use a CSM MOD and the following steps were done : load the game , go to options , find a not used available slot , go to advanced and make all the configurations and calibrations . Also I made all the configurations in the Logitech manager . All the buttons are working , feedback , acceleration , brake etc. work fine as well but in the qualifying when leave the pit the maximum speed is 80km/h . During the race the same happens .
I already configured once properly but when left the game , lost everything . Please , I have some questions and hopefully someone can help me . The problem can be related with the pit limiter tweak ( now is set in 1 ) ? I already chose many keys in the keybin.ini to switch on and off the pit limiter but couldn't make it works , what can I do to solve this ? How to configure the steering wheels and pedals and keep this configurations working after leave the game ? The configurations are saved in the f1gstate ? When it worked , the steering wheel was not precise and the car was shaking a lot , any idea ?
I tried to play with the F1 2013 no CSM MOD made by Josekast and worked well despite the configurations made in the Logitech manager didn't work .
I look forward to hear from someone please , before I get crazy !
Date: March 24, 2014 09:49AM
Posted by: mortal
I would make the assumption that there would not be too many G27 users here. Perhaps that explains the reason why you have not yet had any helpful response. What I would do would be to set the pit speed to auto, if that is at all possible. That way you do not have to assign a button for the function. There is also a tool that allows you to assign buttons, joy to key or something similar. Have you tried posting in a G27 users forum, you might get lucky and find a GP4 user there, it's certainly worth a try. There is also in my files, (click my sig), a couple of G25 con files, maybe they are worth testing.
Once you have your setup, why not save it as a con file, then load it each time you start GP4. That might work as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 24, 2014 04:01PM
Thanks Mortal , I saved in con file but I have to load the file saved each time I start the game and it was different years ago .
Date: March 26, 2014 01:06PM
I have been trying to increase the force feedbak of the Logitech G27 but once that I use a CSM MOD , I can't do that through the GP4 Tweaker . Please how can I increase it in the CSM MOD , should I change any value in the tweaker's folder of MOD or gp4tweak.ini? Also the damping and springs configurations are not well , any trick to fix it ?
Thanks in advance
Date: March 26, 2014 07:27PM
Solved , thanks anyway
Date: March 26, 2014 09:00PM
Posted by: TomMK
You should configure your graphics, sound and controller within GP4 before you use a CSM mod. Otherwise you always lose the settings, like you describe has happened to you.

Load the game without CSM, calibrate the controller, then load it with CSM.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 26, 2014 09:22PM
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should configure your graphics, sound and
> controller within GP4 before you use a CSM mod.
> Otherwise you always lose the settings, like you
> describe has happened to you.
>
> Load the game without CSM, calibrate the
> controller, then load it with CSM.

It makes sense , I'll try , thanks for your help
Date: March 29, 2014 10:07PM
MASTERS OF THE GP4 ... I need help !! the controller works , accelerates , brakes , turns the corners and so on but specially on the corners , the image is not smooth , the image "shakes" a lot , difficult even to explain . As I already told you , it works well in Josekast 2013 NO CSM MOD . I've installed the 2006 Tony CSM MOD and is working very well . Why ? Where is the problem ? Which is the secret ?hot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 10:09PM by rracunis.
Date: March 29, 2014 10:55PM
Is there a difference in the graphics.cfg files. Could that be it?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 29, 2014 11:04PM
Could that be it , but which value or line I should work with ? BTW I tried the F1graphics from Josekast and the same happened .
I found this forum , not a GP4 forum , maybe you can "translate" the posts , this is beyond my intelligence and knowledge : [www.gtplanet.net]
Anyway thanks a lot Mortal for your help (Y)
Date: March 29, 2014 11:09PM
Posted by: gitanes
This "shaking" especially on the corners, does it look like as if "head view movement" in tweaker is enabled?

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: March 29, 2014 11:18PM
gitanes Wrote:
> This "shaking" especially on the corners, does it
> look like as if "head view movement" in tweaker is
> enabled?

Yeah it is enabled and in both MODS ( Josekast and Tony ) are disabled . Hopefully it solves the problem . Thank you so much to everyone , don't want to bother you guys anymore with this issue but can't promise that .
Date: March 29, 2014 11:26PM
That gtplanet post refers to the wheel itself shaking, motor faults, and the properties of the dead zone width in the software.
Some pics of your cockpit setup would be good. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 11:28PM by mortal.
Date: March 30, 2014 09:51AM
mortal Wrote:
> That gtplanet post refers to the wheel itself
> shaking, motor faults, and the properties of the
> dead zone width in the software.
> Some pics of your cockpit setup would be good. :-)

I'm still working on it , trying to test many different options to find out the problem . It happens only with my MOD , in other GP4 MODs work well but sounds this problem happens in the worldwide with other players and other games . Setting O for" head view movement" didn't fix the problem . See this : [www.ign.com]
What do you mean cockipt setup's pics ?
Date: March 30, 2014 01:57PM
Posted by: phantaman
and the tweaker related to FF, did you check? this is just a guess because I do not have similar hardware here to verify

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 30, 2014 11:26PM
What do you mean cockpit setup's pics ?

Your G27, triple screens etc.

Date: March 30, 2014 11:43PM
I guess that I fixed the problem , anyway I will send you the image . Thanks for your interest
Date: March 30, 2014 11:47PM
Posted by: phantaman
also want to see (cockpit ditto), put online as soon as possible ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 31, 2014 09:25PM
phantaman Wrote:
> also want to see (cockpit ditto), put online as
> soon as possible ;-)

Here you have the configuration and pics :

1. Obutto revolution triple monitor mount
2. 3 monitors Acer 27 inches
3. Buttkicker Gamer 2 for seat vibration
4. Speaker System Z523 Stereo+Subwoofer (2.1) 360 degree sound
5. Logitech wireless keyboard
6. Logitech G27 ( the choice was a huge mistake )
7. PC : Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz , 2 x Crucial M500 120GB Sata SSD drive , additional hard disk 2 TB , 16GB memory RAM , AMD Radeon R7 200 Series , Realtek high definition audio card
8. Windows 7 Ultimate

]1[/url]

]2[/url]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy