A (peculiar) graphics card predicament! (Big Images in some of the posts, so 56k warning I guess)

Posted by ItzEthan 
Hey guys, sorry about the hassle of starting a new thread, but I have a problem with GP4 not detecting my Nvidia Geforce GT840M 4GB Graphics card, it decides to default to my Intel(R) HD Family Graphics card (Integrated). I have disabled the Intel card in device manager and yet when I start GP4 it decides to use the Built In Microsoft Display Adapter :( I have used the Nvidia Control Centre to make sure the game runs with the adapter yet GP4 somehow manages to use the Intel card instead, and this card lags a lot compared to my dedicated Nvidia one. So yeah, this is a weird one :P

If someone can please help me and anyone else out that would be amazing!

~ Ethan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2016 05:30PM by ItzEthan.
Re: A (peculiar) graphics card predicament!
Date: July 05, 2016 04:43PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I have the same problem om my laptop. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M that works very well on newer games. But GP4
insists using the Intel one. When I disabled my Intel card, Windows became a lowres mess!

I have tried alot of things to change it, but never succeded :(

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2016 04:45PM by SkaaningeN.
Date: July 05, 2016 04:51PM
Posted by: ItzEthan
It's very weird, I hope someone has or can help find a fix. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone ask about this before, I searched the forums and all over the internet and found nothing, very odd I guess haha :)
Date: July 05, 2016 05:18PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
In the ingame graphics settings did you click on the arrow near your card name to select the other one ?

Date: July 05, 2016 05:28PM
Posted by: ItzEthan
Yes I did, the Intel card is the only one that I can select for some reason.
[imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2016 05:29PM by ItzEthan.
I have the exact same problem as well. There was a thread started in this forum but unfortunately nobody has come up with an answer as of yet.

Glenn (Cdn)
So it doesn't look like their is a fix then? Shame :(
After doing a little research, it appears to be mainly laptop based graphics cards are being troubled (e.g Nvidia 840M, GTX 850M, and some AMD laptop cards) which seem to be undetected by GP4, so I'm wondering if the game isn't programmed to work on these laptop based cards, or if there maybe a limitation stopping it from being used. Any ideas or solutions?
I can be wrong but I think that by the times GPx were released external graphic cards for laptop didn't exist, so probably nothing was coded in game to detect them.
If someone with more knowledge on that matter can confirm that (or not) that would be great.

I was thinking that might be the problem, but surely as these cards are dedicated, it should be detected like any other card? Again, I have no idea, and you are probably right Eric :)
Hey guys, I found an interesting read regarding some of the graphics issues we are having. See below. Might help or at least point us in the right direction. On a side note, I think my amd is being used by gp4. I have my graphics set quite high with a PO between 15-40%. I don't think an Intel 540 can handle gp4. Might be wrong though.

I have 2 Graphics cards??

Glenn (Cdn)
Did you try Nvidia inspector?

Download Link:
[www.guru3d.com]
[www.majorgeeks.com]
[www.clubic.com]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I love the 56k warning... Does anyone still have that?
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love the 56k warning... Does anyone still have
> that?

I get close sometimes.

Where I live, there is no broadband infrastructure. If I lived 5 kilometres East or West of where I am, no problem though.

Only choice is mobile broadband - through one of those USB dongles - which is a bit expensive; $45 a month for 4GB.

During that period, it's plenty fast enough for what I need but, once I've used that 4GB, it gets slowed to 64kbps.

So I just have to stay away from the Screenshots and Renders threads when that happens.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
AUS_Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> madotter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I love the 56k warning... Does anyone still
> have
> > that?
>
>
> I get close sometimes.
>
> Where I live, there is no broadband
> infrastructure. If I lived 5 kilometres East or
> West of where I am, no problem though.
>
> Only choice is mobile broadband - through one of
> those USB dongles - which is a bit expensive; $45
> a month for 4GB.
>
> During that period, it's plenty fast enough for
> what I need but, once I've used that 4GB, it gets
> slowed to 64kbps.
>
> So I just have to stay away from the Screenshots
> and Renders threads when that happens.

Wow, sorry to hear that buddy. There's me complaining about my fibre at times, talk about first world problems...
I have tried Nvidia Inspector, and sadly it still doesn't work, I have come to the conclusion that somewhere in the games files where the graphics card programming section is, there will be a fix for this, but I can't do that as I'm really bad and don't have the time to learn (Schools and exams :( ) So I'm not sure what to do anymore. With the FPS this unplayable with the graphics card I am left to ponder. Thanks everyone for the help though! If anyone comes up with a fix please post it here and inform us all :)
I went through this too, posted here, trawled the internet, tried every potential solution I could find in the desperate hope of getting it to work. Two years down the line and I'm still no closer to solving it :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy