Having problems opening the game [error log inside]

Posted by Snodog627 
Hi GrandPrixGames forum!

I'm encountering some technical issues with my GP4 files lately, causing it not to start anymore. After trying to install a 2012 F1 season mod with ZaZ Tools my game kept crashing, so I deleted it again. However, now my game won't start at all anymore giving a black screen and the error message in this image [i.imgur.com]
So I've tried reinstalling the game several times, tried using the v9.6 patch and opening it with GPxPatch, tried another compatibility mode, and at last tried deleting the f1graphics.cfg file but all to no avail. I also cannot find out how to enable the debug output.
The most frustrating part is that I sent all the files and folders to a friend to check wether it works or not and it was working on his computer (running Windows 10). So are there some kind of hidden files from Zaz Tools/GPxPatch/GP4 Tweakers (All programs I've been using) that might cause GP4 to not start anymore?
Can anyone here help me solve this problem? I'm running on Windows 8.1 and before installing this 2012 mod the game was working fine with GPxPatch and GP4 Tweakers.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 11:04AM by mortal.
Re: Having problems opening the game
Date: July 01, 2016 01:53AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Things I can think of:

1) Are you using the latest version of GPxPatch?
2) Is GPxPatch's Debug mode enabled? On GPxPatch's first tab, tick 'Enable debug mod' and change the 'Log file verbosity' to 'High'.

For what it's worth, I'm running Windows 8.1 and have never encountered this error message before.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Having problems opening the game
Date: July 01, 2016 10:39AM
Posted by: Snodog627
1) I'm using version 4.44 at the moment.
2) I've done that (it still doesn't work) and this is the log it gave me [www.mediafire.com] (using Mediafire to avoid a wall of text).

I have no idea what it's saying inside the log as I'm a code noob, but if someone could translate it to human I would appreciate it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 10:43AM by Snodog627.
Yeah I've encountered the same problem recently, so strange.
Re: Having problems opening the game [error log inside]
Date: July 02, 2016 12:48AM
Posted by: SDI
It's a videocard problem. Seems like it failed to obtain a DirectX device.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
OK, so I've tried reinstalling the required DirectX and it still doesn't work. I also would not know what would be amiss with my videocard as it can run other games.
before installing this 2012 mod the game was working fine with GPxPatch and GP4 Tweakers.

CSM has it's own tweaker settings and using GP4Tweak may be causing a conflict. Also test using different cpu settings via gpx.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy