Physics / Performance / Torque

Posted by RHill 
Physics / Performance / Torque
Date: May 11, 2016 07:22PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi everyone,

From what I have read, for best results in game the physics, perf file and torque curve should be a package (not a mixture of mods and authors).

I know where the physics and perf files are, but what about torque?

Also should anything else be part of the 'package' for best results?
Re: Physics / Performance / Torque
Date: May 11, 2016 09:43PM
Posted by: phantaman
Yes, your observation is true. Gitanes and I have developed packages containing included a power torque curve. I know of the existence of others, but none of them has a specific and in-depth material, as Gitanes and me. (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 11, 2016 11:14PM
So when I download the perf files for a specific year, I'm also getting the physics and torque curve?

Where is the torque curve though and how is it installed?
Date: May 11, 2016 11:42PM
Posted by: gitanes
The torque curve for a CSM mod is a .cap file (in case of my 2016 performance package = V6T_855.cap) and is to be placed into the patch folder of the mod.
For non-CSM mods there is a .ini file (V6T_855.ini) for TorqueEditor (to patch GP4.exe with).

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: May 11, 2016 11:46PM
I think, SDI added to the latest gpxpatch version the ability to use the TorqueEditor .ini file to patch GP4 in memory, but i haven't tried it out yet, so i can't tell ou exactly how it is done. But it is worth looking at it!

Date: May 13, 2016 11:18PM
Gitanes do all of your performance files come with a .cap file? If not will the physics and perf file alone give good results or is the.cap needed also?

Also, what .cap file is specifically for the torque curve in the patch folder of csm? Several mods have lots of .cap files in there.
Date: May 14, 2016 12:12AM
I started including the power-torque curve (.cap and .ini) since my 2014 performance package, the introduction of the new generation of hybrid power units, because they had totally different characteristics to the normal aspirated engines (V8 or V10) in original GP4. Simplified, you can say that physics and power-torque should be according to each other to match the characteristics of the engine, while the performance file is more about the distribution of performance through the field.

Former performance packages do NOT include an extra power-torque curve, because the one built-in in GP4 "will do the job".
Actually, if you go further back to the previous turbo era, there should also be a special power-torque curve, but i had not the data or the time to deal with it. A future project perhaps, who knows! Anyway, there is a problem for seasons with different types of engines (turbos and normal aspirated), because GP4 can handle just one of them.

To sum it up:
For the V6 turbos you have to have the complete package, for V8 or V10 physics and perf files alone will give you good results if you have (nearly) the same bhp in both ( a rough estimate is to have bhp in a range of 800-900 bhp). First generation turbo engines need a complete package but, as far as i know, there is none available.
The name of the .cap file is irrelevant! The file contains both code to be patched and address where to be patched! You can rename it to whatever you want and it will still work, as long as it is placed in the patch folder!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy