Kathol Ring - WIP Fictional Circuit [Early video in first post.]

Posted by AUS_Doug 
A combination of a Hard Drive crash and my sense of priorities (i.e. 'Not backing up a lot of gaming stuff';) meant that, at the end of August this year, I lost a lot of stuff.
Included among the things lost was my effort at reproducing Barbagallo and Snetterton, as well as one or two other WIP tracks.

Oh well.

This circuit, the 8.5 kilometre monstrosity that I have dubbed the Kathol Ring, marks my return to learning the fickle art that is track making.
And I am very excited about it.

Here is a birds-eye view of the circuit:

Click for full-size

Of course, such a picture doesn't really convey a whole lot.
So here is a video of the circuit being tackled by Tara (EmperorsHand), driving as Mika Häkkinen in the 2006 DTM mod.
(Hopefully, the video should be processed within about an hour of this post going up.)

As you can see, it is pretty basic at the moment.

Here is a list of things that I'll be working on in the coming weeks/however long:
    [*] Track dimensions; In a few areas, the track width needs changing.
    [*] CC-line; This is going to be probably the most challenging part of the whole endeavour, getting it the way I want
    [*] Land outside of the fences
    [*] All other graphical things

Really, if I can get it as far as having a perfect CC-line I'll be happy, but making it pretty would be very nice indeed.

Looking forward to hearing what people think.

Regards,
Doug

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Nice long fast track, but its kinda odd that at some turns the gravel traps are on the inside.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......but its kinda odd that at
> some turns the gravel traps are on the inside.

Like I said, it's an early version here ;)
I knew that I would have to redo the .gp4 and .col a couple of times as I adjusted the track, and so didn't see the point to worry about that yet.
It certainly discourages corner cutting though........ ;)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy