random questions from a returner to the game

Posted by JoH 
random questions from a returner to the game
Date: December 08, 2015 02:12PM
Posted by: JoH
First of all, thanks to Foreverk for helping me out with in-car camera angles!

I'm getting back into this game after more than a decade, and I'm having lots of questions I hope some might help me with, to get going faster:

FYI, assume using CSM with the 1991 mod for all questions :)

[where do I look to log performance details of my races? I'm thinking about recording all laptimes and splits, of myself or even of all the CC cars]
Ok, seems to be logging GPxLap "Text logging" option, GPxlap.log and laps.log

- the best way to record a video of the action nowadays? I've seen a mention of "MSI Afterburner" tool; also, I believe there was a setting/mod to be able to record more than the default handful of seconds, and a way to rewind/replay as you wish?

- I remember I used to have (edited) somekind of very-high-up skycam back in the GP2 days. I've edited most car camera positions with GP4Tweak, can this be found in the same spot? I think it was done by editing the external camera that shows the entire car "from just behind"

- what's the best place to get an overview of all the keyboard shortcuts one gets with GPxPatch? I'm getting a bit lost right now, quite often pushing something that f*cks things up, lol

JoH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 03:57PM by JoH.
Re: random questions from a returner to the game
Date: December 09, 2015 01:13AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi JoH,

For recording video, I use Bandicam.

In the game's graphics options, you can change the 'replay length' to 1.5 hours and then, from in-game, spacebar to pause and then the following keys:

F3 to go back to the start of the replay
F4 and F5 to rewind (I think)
F7 and F8 to fast-forward

For the car camera positions, most CSM mods store them in an .ini file somewhere in the mod's folder.
Normal places to look would be the mod's Tweaker folder:
[Mod name]/Data/Tweaker/gp4tweak_data/onboardcamera.ini
or the folder for the team's car's whose cameras you wish to edit:
[Mod name]/Data/Cars/[Team]/[Team].ini
Of course, this could vary greatly.

For GPxPatch keys
[GP4 Directory]/gpxpdata/keys.ini

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy