Easiest Way Change Camera Angles ? [CSM] [Solved]

Posted by ramf1v 
Easiest Way Change Camera Angles ? [CSM] [Solved]
Date: October 02, 2012 04:29PM
Posted by: ramf1v
I'm using CSM and I just tried setting up my cameras to give me good instant preview angles of the garages I'm working on, using the 9 external cameras.
Rather than doing it manually I thought I would set up the cars ini with the info and be able to scroll through them, and take screenshots.

Ummm....what an absolute ballache :-)

I ended up using a copy of the GP4 exe because CSM won't use anything Team Editior puts in the exe, set up the positions in Team Editor, ran gp4tweaker camera grab utility, put the info in the ini, and replaced the GP4 exe, but the cameras were still unchanged.

It kills me every time I want to do something simple I end up confused and feeling like an idiot.

Is there anyone out there prepared to explain step by step the quickest and most pain free method of setting up my cameras in CSM, so I can spend more time in 3d space, and not nerding around in "ini: space ;-)

muchos grassyarse :-)

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 08:03AM by ramf1v.
Re: Easiest Way Change Camera Angles ? [CSM]
Date: October 03, 2012 08:03AM
Ack, got it figured, pretty straight forward really ;-) It's been a while since I played with tweaker....ahem......I was editing the wrong ini...my bad :-)

F1Dev
Date: October 03, 2012 08:08AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That was my initial thought also. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Re: Easiest Way Change Camera Angles ? [CSM] [Solved]
Date: October 03, 2012 08:19AM
Hahahah, my aversion to typing doesn't help...now if only the cam settings were saved automatically after positioning them with the keys, or dumped to a text file....or even directly to the ini...it's the way it should be ;)

F1Dev
I completely agree with you. It's painstaking to make screenshots after altering and search into the ini file and change manually the right numbers.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: October 03, 2012 11:15AM
So what are the chances of a re-write of tweaker ? new features etc ? originally written by Madman ?

F1Dev
Date: October 03, 2012 03:08PM
ramf1v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what are the chances of a re-write of tweaker ?
> new features etc ? originally written by Madman ?

:-)

F1Dev
I'm not mad man.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: October 03, 2012 03:25PM
I know...maybe slightly mad ?...;-).......this game needs development in the tools/utils dept, If I could code, I'd do it :-) It's a shame no one with the skills has interest.

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 03:26PM by ramf1v.
Date: October 03, 2012 05:11PM
Posted by: phantaman
I have two installations ... one to test all sorts of modifications. for example, use the teameditor to position cameras, export and quit. then export the cameras to the same standard gp4tweaker with gp4 camera grabber tool ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: October 03, 2012 05:26PM
phantaman Wrote:
> I have two installations ... one to test all sorts
> of modifications. for example, use the teameditor
> to position cameras, export and quit. then export
> the cameras to the same standard gp4tweaker with
> gp4 camera grabber tool ;-)

Yes , I think we're all aware of the workarounds, I just have the ini opened on a second monitor and type in the info from the GP4 screen.
If tweaker had continued to be developed, dumping directly to the ini, or a text file would most certainly have been implemented.

Sure there are plenty utils out there but they all seem to conflict or be incompatible with each other, and apart from GP4B and CSM, they are all very dated.

F1Dev
Date: October 03, 2012 05:31PM
Posted by: phantaman
is true. is a pity that great tools over time have not received the proper development

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: December 03, 2015 09:36PM
Posted by: JoH
Could someone please be a it more specific about how to achieve this (which ini-file to edit?), with GP4 and 1991 mod in CSM?

Been having a real blast over the last months creating my own CC car performance profiles to give myself challenging and fun races. The only remaining problem is that I find myself colliding with CC cars a lot because I prefer to race from the T-cam (edit: actually I don't think it's the "T-cam"; it's the view you get when using the "right arrow" key, shows you just about the top of the steering wheel sort of, and the tires and front wing), and since it is placed too much forward I have insufficient idea where nearby CC cars are exactly. I would like to move it further back. Not sure I would have functional mirrors then (?), but at the very least I would be aware of CC cars alongside a bit better.

I've searched for this problem, but either it talks about files I don't find, or it plain doesn't WORK (like configuring CSM to pause when GPxpatch appears, tweaking angles with GP4CamEd and then launching GPxpatch? refuses the GP4.exe), or it turns into a discussion with so much GP4 editing jargon that I would need to read up for WEEKS before I get an idea what exactly is being explained, where to find the tools and in which order to apply which edit and launch which tool... :D )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 10:06PM by JoH.
Date: December 04, 2015 03:27AM
Posted by: Foreverk
JoH Wrote:
> Could someone please be a it more specific about
> how to achieve this (which ini-file to edit?),
> with GP4 and 1991 mod in CSM?

1991 Mod stores the cameras (and the rest of tweaker settings) in the gp4tweak.bin file, so there´s a different way to adjust it (but it works, I tried it). Take a look over here: 1991 mod - cameras
Date: December 04, 2015 07:44PM
Foreverk Wrote:
> 1991 Mod stores the cameras (and the rest of
> tweaker settings) in the gp4tweak.bin file, so
> there´s a different way to adjust it (but it
> works, I tried it). Take a look over here: 1991
> mod - cameras

Thanks, but when I follow the instructions (obviously in the wrong way...), GPxPatch refuses to launch GP4.exe ("unsupported GPx version";).

Step-by-step:

1) I launch CSM v1.26, with "Quickstart" option disabled so the process pauses after the GPxPatch screen appears
2) I launch GP4Tweaker, it identifies GP4 version 1.02 PATCH9.6, tweak version 1.0.4.2 UPDATE 1.0.4.5
3) I select tweak #20 "ONBOARD CAMERA POSITION"
I'm always driving the second-to-last car in the performance files, which should be car #21, so decide to start testing with tweaking the cams of that car
so, I check both "ENABLE" and "RT EDIT", put it on "21. DRIVER#21", choose "POS", and for testing purposes I just increased the "X: ----" value of some camera's with an amount of 10
I click "APPLY" (tried both with and without "CHECKSUM MODE" enabled)
I go back to GPxPatch and choose "Start GPx"
>>> no go, says "unsupported GPx version"

I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, just no idea what...

Btw, when I use the GP4tweaker button at this point to start GP4, instead of the one on GPxPatch, the game DOES launch but in a very "undefined" state it seems, lol. Missing lots of stuff like driver names, and have no feel for whether camera positions were edited.
Date: December 05, 2015 03:25AM
Posted by: Foreverk
JoH Wrote:
> Step-by-step:
>
> 1) I launch CSM v1.26, with "Quickstart" option
> disabled so the process pauses after the GPxPatch
> screen appears
> 2) I launch GP4Tweaker, it identifies GP4 version
> 1.02 PATCH9.6, tweak version 1.0.4.2 UPDATE
> 1.0.4.5
> 3) I select tweak #20 "ONBOARD CAMERA POSITION"
> I'm always driving the second-to-last car in the
> performance files, which should be car #21, so
> decide to start testing with tweaking the cams of
> that car
> so, I check both "ENABLE" and "RT EDIT", put it
> on "21. DRIVER#21"
---here´s when you have to stop, just click apply in GP4Tweaker, then close it and back to csm and press "start"----
The edition is made inside the game, that´s why it´s called real time editing, once you left the game, the new positions are already recorded in the bin file, you don´t have to edit it via GP4Tweaker, give it a try, it´s kinda easy to do but so f*** hard to explain! (at least to me ;-( ) but remember, your edition is when you are in the game
Date: December 07, 2015 11:19PM
Foreverk Wrote:

> ---here´s when you have to stop, just click apply
> in GP4Tweaker, then close it and back to csm and
> press "start"----
> The edition is made inside the game, that´s why
> it´s called real time editing, once you left the
> game, the new positions are already recorded in
> the bin file, you don´t have to edit it via
> GP4Tweaker, give it a try, it´s kinda easy to do
> but so f*** hard to explain! (at least to me ;-( )
> but remember, your edition is when you are in the
> game

I finally figured it out.. At first it still refused to work, but I found out the problem was elsewhere! :)

GPTweaker used to throw me an error that "gp4tweak.bin could not be found". I always assumed that this was somehow caused by other programs like CSM or GPxPatch having that file "in use" because I somewhere messed up the order in which each of the tools should be launched or applied. Turns out though that this was simply because the filesystem permissions on gp4tweak.bin did not allow editing the file, lol... Once I had give "full access" the whole thing worked!!

I've now set aside some tweaked gp4tweak.bin files. Still have to get used to the new angles...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy