1996 performance file

Posted by RHill 
1996 performance file
Date: October 28, 2015 08:32AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi

I'm looking for a 1996 performance file with variation in engine bhp for race and quali

The one with the mod has all cars the same bhp only different for grip.

Why do some perf files only vary grip between teams and not engine bhp?
Re: 1996 performance file
Date: October 28, 2015 10:12AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
> Why do some perf files only vary grip between
> teams and not engine bhp?

A lot of the time, it can make things easier.

Say, for example, that one team in your Perf file has 800 BHP, and another has 1000 BHP; The AI Gear Ratios in a track's Magic Data will only be right for one of those teams.

By varying just grip, you can still achieve accurate lap times but without the hassle of gear ratios.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: October 28, 2015 10:31AM
Posted by: RHill
Interesting!

Any ideas where I can get the 96 performance file (one with bhp variation)?
Date: October 28, 2015 11:12PM
Posted by: gitanes
AUS_Doug is right, but it is not only the magic data. Most important in my view is that the physics file and the power torque curve are based on a fixed bhp value.
So, if you give some teams different power figures you end up with inaccurate data for those teams.
That's the reason why in my performance files all teams have the same bhp value witch is the value used in the physics file.

In general you can simplified say that
- physics, power torque curve and maximum performance value determine the pole sitter/race winer lap times.
- the difference in lap times between the cars is achieved through the performance values for race and quali.
- track specific fine tuning is possible over the magic data.

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy