Mclaren based Excalibur version Sochi and Austin

Posted by pecetta 
Mclaren based Excalibur version Sochi and Austin
Date: October 25, 2015 02:25PM
Posted by: pecetta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 06:54PM by pecetta.
Re: Mclaren based Excalibur version Sochi and Austin
Date: October 25, 2015 02:47PM
Posted by: plamen68
(Y)Very good job, thank you!
Re: Mclaren based Excalibur version Sochi and Austin
Date: October 25, 2015 05:14PM
Posted by: Excalibur
First, I would like to say that the rules are the same for everyone, here... Pecetta, you didn't ask me the permission to modify and to release these McLaren liveries.

So, please, read the rules: [www.grandprixgames.org]

And, please, remove your links from Silverstone, Sotchi and Austin. No authorization was given to you...

I would like that you understand I don't care if you modify the files for your own private game but no public release without authorization from the original author. That's the rules.

Why?

I spent so many hours working on the car, textures and alpha layers, too. Modifying the files without the original files can make weird result.

First of all, working on textures converted from tex file is a bad idea, as the original quality of the colors, shadows, ambient occlusion etc are lost.
Look at your files compared to mine (left is yours, right is my original one)... Black colors and ambient occlusion (shadows) are modified...

Then, you totally missed the alpha layer, which is very important... and for this McLaren to simulate the shades of grey reflections on black parts in game (graphit look). Once again, look at the Alpha layer (left is yours, right is my original one). It is also important for the logos, carbon parts, color shades and shadows otherwise, all your textures parts will reflect the same way in game...

The aim, when you make updates from the texture, is to keep safe the original work and to improve it, not to destroy it.... That's why authorization from author is needed, at least to work with original TGA or PSD files.

No offense but hope that you will understand this....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 05:59PM by Excalibur.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy