14 Cars Are Gone

Posted by Madman271 
Re: 14 Cars Are Gone
Date: January 23, 2004 09:31AM
Posted by: Richey
Hey Madman

Yeah thats what I meant, is there a way to make it skip the turns of the cars you want removed?

Richey
Date: January 23, 2004 09:53AM
Posted by: shutt1e
107% rule was not applied anymore in 2003 and dunno in 2004 with two qualify laps for driver
thats for not having less than 20 cars starting a race in 2003.

bye
Date: January 23, 2004 01:15PM
Posted by: Madman271
@Richey:
It will be more compatible with qrules 2003/04

@Shuttle:
Yes, indeed.
But it might valuable with classic season's mods. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: January 23, 2004 03:20PM
Posted by: NS
in 2004 there isn't a 107% rule, just as in 2003, but for older seasons it's very usefull, especially for the really old ones were you had some really slow cars (i think ;p)
Date: January 24, 2004 09:59PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
@ Madman

I must be an idiot because I tried word by word what you said and yet the cars I try to diaable from the race still appear.

I copied the entire GP4 folder from one PC to the other ran GPx Patch and GP4Tweaker no problems - game ran well and all settings where correct so I knew the transfer worked OK.

I did the following:
Firstly go into system32 and rename existing GP4tweak.dll to GP4tweak.dll.bak and than copied the new GP4tweak.dll to this location.
I than copied the carsenabler and gp4tweak files to GP4 folder - the gp4tweaker overwrote the old file.

I than downloaded a fresh V1.02 decrpted GP4.exe and overwrite the existing GP4.exe. I than opened GP4 Tweaker - clicked apply and than close. I than went back to GP4 Tweaker and disbaled all previous settings as you stated.

I than ran GP4 both from GP4 Tweaker and GPx Patch to ensure everything was in order - yes it seemed to be. I than exited GP4 and went back to the carsenabler file read the instructions and changed just two car entires in track 1 to 0 as discussed (car 1 and 2 - Schumacher - Barrichello). I save the file and exit and than run GP4 through GPx Patch and in the race both Schumacher and Barrichello are there in all their glory. I exit GP4 run GP4Tweaker and when I slect on Melbourne track the game crashes back to desktop.

Since than I have tried other tracks and other drivers - to no avail. Am I missing something here, because no matter what I try it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for this great utility - even If I can't work it out :)

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: January 24, 2004 10:13PM
@Buff Hornet:
Did you spotted the "old" gp4tweak.dll on your GP4 directory? (not in windows system)
If yes, delete it. Many problems caused that because users did not clear all traces from the beta version. :)

Date: January 24, 2004 10:17PM
I will test again...
back soon :)

Date: January 24, 2004 10:33PM
@ Madman

Yes that was the problem - thanks.
Beta testing now....
Awesome Thanks

Date: January 24, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Just speaking on 2003 Qual rules for a second, is there anyway that the tweak can detect times from the saturday practise session, for example, and then use that to generate the running order for qualifying? Sort of like the way "random order" works?

Date: January 24, 2004 10:39PM
@Buzz Hornet:
You're Welcome.
Try anything you like, with or without GPxPatch.
Some known issues already noted in my website.

Date: January 24, 2004 10:40PM
Just speaking on 2003 Qual rules for a second, is there anyway that the tweak can detect times from the saturday practise session, for example, and then use that to generate the running order for qualifying? Sort of like the way "random order" works?

Just to make it that little bit more realistic?

Date: January 24, 2004 10:48PM
@Bernie:
It's possible. But the problem is, user (human player) may skipping the practise session, or some cars has no time logged yet ( in this case, they simply has 00:00.00 with numbers of lap = 0). We can put them in the back grid but it is realistic? If so, I will implement it.

Date: January 25, 2004 05:24PM
@ Madman

Update

Pretty much tried all sorts of things, enabling all options in Tweaker etc and than I returned to my original GP4.exe (2003 order) with no problems at all. The only thing I have found is that the deleted cars from the race still appear in qualifying. (as previously discussed)

Working very will with GPx Patch 3.56 and also ran through Tweaker with no problems. You have outdone yourself Madman.

Date: January 25, 2004 07:46PM
@Madman - Maybe, if you skip the session, or don't log a time, you make your run first.

For Example: Montoya, Panis and Kiesa miss the practise session. In qualifying, the system works the same from where you don't set a qualifying time for the race, you start from the back of the grid, with the lowest numbered car in P22 then working it up the order of cars that didn't set a time.

So, Kiesa would run first, then Panis, then Montoya, then the rest of the cars based on their practise times.

Date: January 25, 2004 09:56PM
No problem in hotseat mode either....

Date: January 26, 2004 03:46AM
Thanks for the reports, Buzz and the others too.
I will post a resume from whole results that we got with cars number this night. I think it safe to released to next update (minor 107% rule, Bernie suggestions, etc).

@Bernie:
Hmm, great idea. I'll try to implement with with qrules 2003. But I need time and maybe still unavailable for next update.

And anyone who interesting, there another preview on my website for upcoming tweak: Rear Light Brake. Only one thing that still in progress, allow different position for rear light ambient (as requested by Viper (?) long times ago). Unfortunately, I'm still has no solutions to put more than one ambient light (which will be useful for non single-seater car's mod).

Date: January 31, 2004 05:27PM
anything new on thes front madman?

Date: February 01, 2004 02:12AM
Posted by: fongu
Can this be implemented so that the one engine rule could be used?

Date: February 01, 2004 02:47AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
eyas MadMan ... I want to ask ya ... Why do you have such "high-tec" security on your site ? I can´t download anything from there ... can see any preview image ( it says stolen image ) at the forum ... please ... fix it

Ok , now I know why I can´t download anything from there ... because I have my firewall on !

Post Edited (02-01-04 09:50)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 01, 2004 10:39AM
@Bernie:
Don't worry, I have been working on with additional codes such as removing car grid list (a rolled list with car position menu) prior a race on non-champ and champ mode, 107% rule, friday practice as 1st qual, etc.

@Fongu:
Wait! I never saw engine spare and replacement in GP4 (lol). Can you tell me where in the menu this function is?

@Forgotten-Boy:
Yeah, some proxies and firewalls are s*ck. They remove the referer header part away from the browser. Referer header required to ensure there's no bandwidth stealing. I saw few browsers with blank or only a dash in referer header. referer header is part of HTTP/1.1 specification.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy