GP4 Helmets - Converting from TGA to TEX

Posted by josh11000 
GP4 Helmets - Converting from TGA to TEX
Date: July 19, 2015 01:49AM
Posted by: josh11000
Hi guys,

I've searched through the forum and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for and would appreciate it if somebody could help me with this issue please :-)

I've recently downloaded some helmets, but they're in .TGA files. I have tried converting the TGA files into driverX_1 & driverX_2 files (using 'X' as an example, this would obviously be the driver number) to enter into the game, but when I try them on the game, the textures seem to merge together and don't look right. Is there a specific way to separate the .TGA files into the two different .TEX files? I've been doing both the same way. eg. driver1_1 into 'Batch to Tex' using MACROS 'Helmet_1' and then doing the exact same process for MACROS 'Helmet_2'. Is that the right way to do it? Or am I way out? :p Many thanks!
Re: GP4 Helmets - Converting from TGA to TEX
Date: July 19, 2015 01:57AM
Posted by: TomMK
The textures need to be used with the correct helmet shape, otherwise they'll look wrong.

Can you post the textures you're trying to use?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 19, 2015 02:25AM
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The textures need to be used with the correct
> helmet shape, otherwise they'll look wrong.
>
> Can you post the textures you're trying to use?

[gp4forever.com]

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to put this Alonso helmet into the 2015 mod? I presume the helmet shapes on that would be right? Or maybe not? If it is the right shape, would I be correct in using Slimtex 'Batch to Tex' to convert the .TGA into Helmet_1 and the same process to create the Helmet_2 .Tex file? Much appreciated. :)
Date: July 19, 2015 06:32AM
Posted by: TomMK
That file uses jvinu2000's own shape (see the first post on his website). You need to use that shape if you want to use this texture. But then ALL the helmet textures will need to fit that shape as well.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 19, 2015 02:53PM
Ah ok I see! Many thanks for your help :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy