Recording Gp4

Posted by brasspanels 
Recording Gp4
Date: July 18, 2015 06:25PM
Posted by: brasspanels
Hey guys, anyone knows why it lags so bad while trying to record gp4? The game runs no problem at 60fps but the moment I record it lags super bad.
I am using bandicam
Re: Recording Gp4
Date: July 19, 2015 04:02AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Not an expert, but I think I'm on the right track:

The way screen capture programs work is they essentially make your PC process what is on screen twice; Once for the game, once for the recording.

Depending on your game settings and Bandicam settings, you can be asking a lot from your PC; running Bandicam at 60fps, with the game running at 60fps is asking your PC to run the game at 120fps.

I only ever record replays (the game might have to work harder when recording live) of GP4 - which I play at 30fps - but it generally comes out smooth:

In both of those I've got the graphics higher than I'd normally have them (even though I don't have shadows or reflections)

The Bandicam settings I use:

Video:
MPEG-4
Full Size, 30.00fps, 60q
Audio
AAC - Advanced Audio Coding
48.0KHz, stereo, 192kbps

Because you run the game at 60fps, you should still be able to record at 30fps.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: July 19, 2015 02:21PM
Posted by: vicnsi
brasspanels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys, anyone knows why it lags so bad while
> trying to record gp4? The game runs no problem at
> 60fps but the moment I record it lags super bad.
> I am using bandicam

Have you tried fraps?
free trial download

Been using free fraps (registered version's probably even more awesome) for my videos and have never experienced lags.

[www.youtube.com]

I normally set graphics manually and play with frame rate at between 26-30:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Date: July 19, 2015 04:15PM
Posted by: brasspanels
It's weird cus I used to able to record no problem . Just look at my career mode in my channel for gp4.
I will try fraps again
Date: July 21, 2015 12:09AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
FFsplit.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: July 21, 2015 10:16AM
Posted by: mortal
There's a full version of Fraps in my files (click my sig, you know you want to) and there's something in the FAQ I think on recording using DXTory (Ithink that's what it was).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy