[RELEASED] Updated CC-line & Track Cameras for Barcelona (1995-2003 layout) by Atticus

Posted by Atticus. 
Et voilá.

The third part of a season-long project is also done.

This time I changed the name of the release a bit to reflect that, although the changes still reflect the 2015 CC-lines and track cams wherever possible, the track version itself I based my work upon was the original Barcelona track of the game which has the 1995-2003 layout. (I like this one better than the current one, I didn't have to bother with permissions and it's also in line with the other releases.)

Bug and release notes are included in the RAR package, as usual and you can get up to date with the previous two parts of the project clicking on the links below (you can also get a glimpse of what to expect in the future).

[www.grandprixgames.org] - Melbourne
[www.grandprixgames.org] - Sepang

As for this track's personal notes, I'm learning a lot - I'm now beginning to get to grips with how to make decreasing radius CC-lines and still avoid the AI decelerating mid-corner. I found it's mainly about the next line having a high enough radius - but what the game classifies as 'high enough' may change from corner to corner.

I had to use a lot of these decreasing radius turns this time due to the fact that Barcelona has a lot of corners where the drivers usually trail brake to find the quickest way around them (T4 and the old track's T10 and 11 are the best examples). Melbourne and Sepang had a lot less. This layout's T11 is also unusually long with drivers hugging the inside kerb for what seems like an eternity. This was one fine example where I nailed the decreasing radius CC-line perfectly.

If we want to be really nitpicky, there's still a hint of mid-corner deceleration from the AI in T5 and an even smaller hint of it in T4. But these should be too small for you to disrupt your gaming experience as the gain you get should be minimal if at all discernible.

DOWNLOAD LINK: [www.mediafire.com]

Enjoy and have fun as always.

Next up, Monaco (1997-2002 layout) - and it's just around the corner.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 01:10PM by Atticus..
Thanks Atticus. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy