Gaming pc's ideal for gp4

Posted by WilliamsF1fan 
Gaming pc's ideal for gp4
Date: May 16, 2014 04:35PM
Posted by: WilliamsF1fan
Hi guys

I'm looking at getting a gaming pc shortly as my imac/bootcamp doesn't always run gp4 properly with it crashing on most mods freezing and not the best graphics card was just wondering what machine you guys are using if you have any issues with gp4 or what would you recommend I get

Kind regards

Craig
Re: Gaming pc's ideal for gp4
Date: May 16, 2014 11:16PM
Posted by: TomMK
You need a solid, dedicated graphics card and a 3+ GHz processor. An SSD helps with loading times as well. My specs are in my sig - I can run any mod.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 17, 2014 12:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Build your own, look here. Parts will show compatibility as you add them to your list.

About SSD's.

Without SSD:
You install a program. Your computer needs to restart in order for the changes...Anxiety, nerves, blood pressure spikes. It won't be long that you'll start smoking to calm your nerves. Then you'll have to see a psychiatrist. Then pills. Then you're addicted to pills. Then you need something stronger. Now everytime your computer installs updates, you need to smoke mescaline along with the usual cannabinoids just to get through the "updating registry". But the noise...the noise of the damn hard disk is even worse. You hear it in your sleep. When you take a shower. When you make love to your wife. It gets worse as the time passes.
Your wife left you. Your Western Digital Black drove you apart. Now you're alone. Looking at the screen, waiting for the dreaded 30 to 31% change in the windows 7 installation, contemplating what takes longer. That 1% or the birth of the cosmos. But you had to format...Your previous windows installation was bloated. Yet your suffering hasn't come to an end. There's still the defragment remaining. The one thing that you try and try to avoid, but it comes back to haunt you even more as the time passes. While the little boxes of red and green re-arrange themselves during the defragment, you snuck a glimpse of your reflection on the monitor. Did I have a beard before I started? It doesn't matter...you know it doesn't matter...you can't take it for much longer...

With SSD:
You install a program. Your computer needs to restart in order for the changes. You press restart. The monitor blinks momentarily and before you can take your next breath, desktop has loaded. Your wife loves you more now, she can log into facebook so much faster. And you have more time for her now, that everything is so snappier.
You even cut down on coffee and chocolate..you don't need them any more. The natural endorphins flood your brain every time you load Photoshop in under one second. You read about people having to defrag and the Dark Ages spring to mind. The black plague, the crusades, the defragment...were people truly so mad?

So, get an SSD. :-) Do your research on graphics card, 1GB on-board is enough, 4GB ram on the mobo is enough. Mini atx mobo in a mid tower case is fine. 600-650watt PSU is adequate. Mobo with usb 3 headers on the front and case to match. Intel or AMD? You get what you pay for. 3.2ghz quad core will do the job, i5 or i7 will cost you more. pm me if you need help, I've built a few.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 01:12AM by mortal.
Date: May 17, 2014 09:10AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
lol Mal ;) ;)

@WilliamsF1fan, keep in mind that GP4 is an old game and don't need the latest top notch hardwares. If you're going to have a dedicated comp for GP4 and keep using your imac for the real stuff, an old PC with a good graphic card can be enough as well.

Date: May 17, 2014 09:21AM
Posted by: TomMK
It's so true about SSDs. Get one. You won't regret it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 17, 2014 01:36PM
Posted by: WilliamsF1fan
Thanks guys for your input :-)
Date: May 12, 2015 03:02AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Hey there Mortal,

Couple hardware questions: Somewhere I read that GP4 will only run through a single core anyway so to get a quad core for example will do one no good. Is that true? Also, not to sound dumb but what is SSD?

Thanks,
AustinF1 AKA The Colonel
Date: May 12, 2015 03:34AM
Posted by: Briere
I can't tell what each letter actually means, but it's a super fast hard drive that workls kinda like a flash drive. I think ;) Correct me if I'm wrong anyone ;)
Date: May 12, 2015 10:20AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't tell what each letter actually means, but
> it's a super fast hard drive that workls kinda
> like a flash drive. I think ;) Correct me if I'm
> wrong anyone ;)

SSD=Solid State Drive

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: May 12, 2015 06:06PM
Posted by: madotter
I wouldn't say dedicated graphics are a must, I'm running GP4 on max at 2160x1440 with 60FPS on a Surface Pro 3. I always thought GP4 was more about CPU/ram/had. I have an i5, 4GB of Ram and 128GB SSD. Runs like a treat!!
Date: May 13, 2015 12:28AM
What would be the difference between using a 128 MB SSD and a 128 MB USB Flash Drive?
Date: May 13, 2015 06:09AM
Posted by: rracunis
Must work with windows 7 or can be with the windows 8 ?
Date: May 13, 2015 09:51AM
Posted by: brasspanels
Austin there is no 128mb ssd I think u mean 128gb ssd. There's a huge difference between ssd and flash drives.SSD are meant to be inside the computer. It is basically the hardrive of the computer. SSD are much quicker then flash drives. Flash drives meant to be portable storage devices. Don't get mixed up between the both:D
Date: May 13, 2015 11:55PM
Got it - Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy