Slipstream speed

Posted by RHill 
Slipstream speed
Date: May 10, 2015 07:01PM
Posted by: RHill
Hey,

I'm still in the process of trying to increase the number of ai overtakes, by trying to keep them closer to me on corner exits. I haven't had much luck here.

Do you guys now if there is a way to increase the slipstream effect (not the dirty air effect), but instead the speed increase you receive when following a car, enabling it to catch up on a straight?
Re: Slipstream speed
Date: May 10, 2015 09:12PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
AFAIK, there is no way to increase the slipstream speed. Anyway, I would prefer to increase the length of the effect of the slipstream, instead of the speed. The speed difference between a cars being inside or outside the slipstream already is unrealistic huge in my opinion.
Date: May 11, 2015 03:07AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Have a look in the slipstream.ini Tweaker file.

My understanding of it is that it allows you to modify the Front Grip, Rear Grip and Drag of a car that is in the Slipstream.

Best guess would be to play around with the Drag section of that, change some numbers and see what happens.

Also, I think you could reduce the 'Dirty Air' effect by changing the values in the Front and Rear grips section to 100.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: May 11, 2015 10:19AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
AUS_Doug schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best guess would be to play around with the Drag
> section

No, Drag-sections also is a kind of dirty air. I don't know why the author called it 'Drag'...

> Also, I think you could reduce the 'Dirty Air'
> effect by changing the values in the Front and
> Rear grips section to 100.

No as well. Values of 100 means 100% dirty air in slipstream. So as a result, the cars won't have any grip. Anyway, slipstream.ini does NOT affect ccCars.
Date: May 11, 2015 06:04PM
hi

thanks for the input.

Does anyone know how to increase the slipstream length behind a car. Currently it only takes effect 10m or so behind the car in front.

I'm trying to replicate this...

[www.grandprixgames.org]

but with a bigger slipstream area. Has anyone got any feedback on the tweak from the link by the way? EDIT - the slipstream tweak from the link does work (199 vs 205 mph when in the slipstream), but the slipstream area could do with stretching further back. Any ideas?

Also I'm still working on increasing the ai's traction out of corners, getting them stay closer on corner exit somehow?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 06:26PM by RHill.
Date: May 11, 2015 09:09PM
Ok so I'm looking to achieve three main things. Can anyone tell me the most effective ways to...

Increase the slipstream area behind the car, making it longer.

Increase the ai's top speed

Make the ai reach top speed quicker
Date: May 11, 2015 11:15PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
When you would write a performance file with the right values for the AI cars then you will get exactly that three points much easier without modifying (or try it) the slipstream. I can write that performance file for you, if you want to. :) (Y)
Date: May 12, 2015 08:31AM
TGF1DRIVER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you would write a performance file with the
> right values for the AI cars then you will get
> exactly that three points much easier without
> modifying (or try it) the slipstream. I can write
> that performance file for you, if you want to. :)
> (Y)

That would be perfect thank you! (B)

So, what information do you need from me to create the performance file? What would you do exactly in the performance file to achieve those three points?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy