Help with setting up new tracks

Posted by AustinF1 
Help with setting up new tracks
Date: April 28, 2015 06:52PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have been working on my GP4 simulator for a few weeks after having it in mothballs for a few years. The addition of all these newly created tracks and mods has turned it into a whole new game. What I have done is to fully install a fresh GP4 program and update it with the 9.6 patch and decrypted no CD patch and then make a complete copy of that whole GP4 file, thus having two identical folders, one left original and the second for trying out mods.

I'm getting better at figuring this out and now do have a second full GP4 track list that seems to function OK. My issue is that some of the new tracks still have the original track names in the main menu, some still have the original track map loading screen, and some still have the track images, while some have had all these things change as desired. I need to know how to get all these newly added tracks to show the correct name and have their own loading and image screens. Some of the tools I've attempted to use won't work because they keep throwing up an error message that I do not have a decrypted GP4.exe. I seem to recall somewhere where there was a decrypted no CD patch v1.0 that works with these tools. Does anyone have that patch that can be downloaded and/or what other advice could I get to get this stuff fixed?

PS: I know some of these "wad" files need to be edited but I lack knowledge on how to even open those.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy