import 3d models

Posted by jvinu2000 
import 3d models
Date: March 28, 2015 05:29AM
Posted by: jvinu2000
Hi, i made some helmet 3d models.
Could someone help me to import them to the game?

thanks for your help
Re: import 3d models
Date: March 28, 2015 12:50PM
Posted by: Excalibur
1- import your 3DS model into Zmodeler.
2- Detach your tear-off and transparent parts from your helmet and uniteselect them into one object. Rename it as
" visor ".
3- uniteselect the others objects from your model in one and rename it as " helmet ".
4- Into Materail editor: The main texture is driver1_1.tga, the second texture (top of the helmet + hans) is driver1_2.tga. Your air vents on the top of the cockpit must be assigned on the glass.tga texture (but not obliged, as they will look transparent in game)
5- Export your 3d model, which must contain 2 objects (helmet + visor) and 3 assigned textures (driver1_1.tga, driver1_2.tga, glass.tga) into .gp4 format. Name it as " car_helmet_00 "

It is done.

6- Now, you can make some lower lods, too. Helmets have got 4 lower lods:
- car_helmet_00
- car_helmet_01
- car_helmet_02
- car_helmet_03
But, this is an optional step as, today, most of the PC are powerfull enough to force lods_0 only for the helmets because their weight is about between 250 and 500ko only.

Edit: It seems that your 3D models haven't got any tear-off. I know it is a short tutorial but I haven't got the time to help you more. You can eventually use my model (based on Mdbsnake Araï GP5 RC) to understand the parts and textures assignements. You can also use the tear-off for your models. This is the same way you have to do, whatever the model is Schubert, Araï or Bell.
Just remember that the visor parts object will look semi-transparent in game.

Link: [www.mediafire.com]

I hope it will help you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 28, 2015 01:55PM
thanks for your answer, i have some questions:

1) 3d models are already imported in zmodeler, i can unite them into visor and helmet part but, i have 3 textures: only one helmet part, one glass and one hans, does it work that way?
2) about tear off, are they necessaries?

unfotunately i don't have the game, so i need someone who can test the 3d models in game and scale or move the if necessary
Date: March 28, 2015 03:59PM
Posted by: Excalibur
1) For the game, you must have at least 2 textures for the helmet object: driver1_1 (main texture) and driver1_2 (top helmet). But you can also have a separated texture for the hans and a glass also if you want.
2) It is better with the tear-off, yes, for more realsim. You are not obliged but I have never seen a GP4 helmet without them....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 28, 2015 04:58PM
thanks, yes i will add tear off then
i made a single texture for the helmet main texture and the top, i hope i works ok
Date: April 05, 2015 04:26PM
just to letting you know i have created a blog to post my textures:
[jvinu2000.tumblr.com]
Date: April 06, 2015 12:14PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great looking helmet textures and shapes look great as well :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy