Box, Box, Box

Posted by RHill 
Box, Box, Box
Date: March 20, 2015 11:03AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi guys,

When pitting in GP4, the car sometimes 'auto brakes' when entering the pit entry.

As an example using the 2013 Sepang track (Sepang 2013 v1.01 update by Jcaranti November 15, 2013), I enter the pits and the brakes are sort of automatically applied causing me to lock-up and enter the pit entry road in a weird way. It's like I'm entering the pits too fast and it won't release the brakes so I almost come to a stop on the pit entry. It then releases me so I can continue down the pit entry and it works fine then up to the pit line etc. It seems to be the pit entry and peeling off the track as opposed to the pit line itself.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks
Re: Box, Box, Box
Date: March 20, 2015 01:08PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Are you using auto-brakes?
Date: March 20, 2015 06:21PM
Posted by: Briere
Whether auto-braking is enabled or not doesn't change anything. My strategy (I never tried it in GP4, only GP3) is to enter the pits by myself as quickly as possible and when I'm near the speed limit area I simply activate pit signal.
Date: March 20, 2015 07:15PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
That's actually the usual behavior of GP4 and in fact Sepang is the extreme example of it - it is somehow CC line and pit entry sectors related.

Your work-around is just what I would have suggested to you only you don't have to activate pit signal at all. When you enter the pits your crew gets ready regardless and they'll be ready in time for your stop.

kind regards
chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy