Grand Prix 4 DirectX 11?

Posted by tommy90 
Grand Prix 4 DirectX 11?
Date: January 13, 2015 11:28PM
Posted by: tommy90
Apparently some guys are working on a patch to make Gothic 2 use DX11. They replace the old D3D7 renderer by a modern D3D11 renderer.

[forum.worldofplayers.de] (german side)

Is this also possible with Grand Prix 4?
Re: Grand Prix 4 DirectX 11?
Date: January 15, 2015 11:18AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Bear in mind that I'm no expert and all of this is just a guess, if a reasonably educated one.

Technically, I don't think there is anything that says it can't work.

I'm not familiar with that particular game, but I imagine that such a tweak would require access to, if not the source code, at least very high level machine (or assembly? I get the two confused) code.

Now, no-one here has the source code for GP4 - unless someone's holding out on us *looks suspiciously at everyone, grabs baseball bat* - but I think that a lot of the work SDI does with GPxPatch requires him to have some knowledge of the games internal workings.

Whether that knowledge is enough for such a massive tweak, I don't know.

EDIT: That page isn't translating properly for me, so if I've misinterpreted what that project is doing I apologise.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 11:53AM by AUS_Doug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy