Editing Magic Data Files - GP4 Central 2014

Posted by RHill 
Editing Magic Data Files - GP4 Central 2014
Date: December 14, 2014 01:35AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi,

I'm using the 2014 mod by Tom and have come across an issue in the 50% races.

Some AI aren't pitting during the race. I loaded the magic data file in TSM, from carsets/GP4Central/extras/magic Data/Melbourne for example and noticed the pit schedule is 100% of cars to pit on lap 24, but with a 11 lap 'window'. This would explain why some ai don't pit, because 35 laps would be needed for all ai to pit and the 50% race length is only 29 laps in Melbourne for example.

I confirmed this by extending the race to 100% and all ai had pitted at least once by lap 36.

So my question is, how do I go about editing the magic data file in the location mentioned above. I'm guessing the magic data files from this location are loaded when the mod is loaded, but when I edit in TSM I can't seem to save the changes.

Any help editing the magic data so i can control the pit schedule for 50% races would be appreciated.

Thanks Rich
Re: Editing Magic Data Files - GP4 Central 2014
Date: December 14, 2014 04:29AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
The Magic Data files are editable with a text editor like Notepad.
(Although I prefer using Notepad ++ whenever possible.)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: December 14, 2014 05:40PM
But the files I have, have a specific file extension name and I'm not sure I can open them in notepad?
Date: December 14, 2014 06:44PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
RHill schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But the files I have, have a specific file
> extension name and I'm not sure I can open them in
> notepad?

Just open them and you will see... ;-).
Date: December 14, 2014 07:26PM
I have managed to open the magic data files from....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Gpsaves\Carsets\2014 Mod v2.0 by GP4 Central\Extras\2014 Magic Data

edit the pitstop schedule and then save back to the same location..........but still some ai don't pit for the whole race!? Well at least thats what the tv graphics in game say.

I could really use some advice here, thanks
Date: December 14, 2014 11:28PM
Posted by: TomMK
After you edit the magic data, you need to insert it into the .dat using CMagic.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: December 14, 2014 11:45PM
Thanks Tom.....How do I do that?

I opened cmagic, browsed to the magic data file location and track file in the circuits folder (stc01 for example). I then hit insert, but still I get some cars not pitting.

I might be inserting it wrong in c magic?

Has the 50% race distance got anything to do with it?
Date: December 14, 2014 11:57PM
I've just read this.......

''You have magic datas stored into S1TCXX.dat files of your track (or .dat files if you use CSM).
Then you need a program called C-Magic4 to extract magic files, edit them and then pack in the .dat again.''

I think the S1TCxx.dat files are in the circuits folder, this is what I have been inserting into I think. But it sounds like .dat files for CSM are different? Where are these located?

Also do I have to extract the magic data from these .dat files, edit the values then re insert. Or can I just edit the magic data files supplied in the extras folder and insert this?
Date: December 15, 2014 11:11AM
This one is driving me crazy!

It looks like I have got the editing and install correct because I can get the ai to follow the schedule I want during a 100% race distance.

HOWEVER.....when I run a 50% distance, the values in Magic Data require doubling to get the desired lap. And worse still, some ai still don't pit at all during 50% race distance!!

I checked and those cars that don't pit, their team-mates do! So I opened up the window for pit stops, but still no luck.

I would be grateful to anyone that can help.
Date: December 15, 2014 11:26AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Set the amount of laps in the DAT file to 50% and adjust the magic data.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 15, 2014 12:44PM
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Set the amount of laps in the DAT file to 50% and
> adjust the magic data.

Nice one, thank you! That worked! 29 laps is now my 100% race distance and the ai follow the pit strategy.

Thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy