Problem with car texture.

Posted by wojtekschiller3 
Problem with car texture.
Date: December 03, 2014 04:27PM
Posted by: wojtekschiller3
Hi there!

Recently I installed the cars to the game Grand Prix 4. Everything is ok, but when I play it appear white texture.

Please help.
Re: Problem with car texture.
Date: December 03, 2014 09:24PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
I know three possible reasons:

1.In the template you using is some file like "Carbon.tex" or whatever which you should do into the cars.wad. That file should show the missing parts.
2.You are using a template where the white parts in the picture are white parts in the template as well, what means you have to paint the white pieces black or whatever color you want.
3.You renamed some texture(s) wrong or the cars.wad is missing one or more lods, or you are using invalid lod-names or faulty gp4-files.

Please check all of them, I hope I could help. :-)
Date: December 03, 2014 09:45PM
Posted by: mortal
White textures can also appear if the graphics are not set to high, see the in-game graphics menu.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 03, 2014 10:31PM
Posted by: wojtekschiller3
Here's what's in my different paintings cars for Grand Prix 4.

Date: December 03, 2014 11:51PM
Well, only one lod? You need five lods per car! ;)
Date: December 04, 2014 10:10AM
Posted by: NickJW
You don't need essentially need 5 lods for each car, 1 lod will also do fine but then you have to force gp4 to use only lod_0 through teameditor.

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: December 05, 2014 03:14PM
Oh, I didn't know that. I only remember having white cars when using only lod 0. ;)
Date: December 05, 2014 07:18PM
Posted by: Excalibur
The problem of the textures missing may be due to:
1- Textures names or prefix. The name of the textures must be the same than the ones assigned on the car. Never rename a texture (but add the prefix hi_ before the texture if missing. example: I have got a mclaren_1.tex but it appears white in game, just rename the texture as hi_mclaren_1.tex)
1bis: The graphics settings into the menu of the game: Put the textures level on "High"
2- The textures on the car shape are not assigned correctly: Into Zmodeler/ Material Editor, check that the names are correct. even if you are using hi_textures, never rename the textures names into Material Editor with the prefix "hi_", only the tex files.
3- Check that all the the textures of the car are into your wad.

About the lods, by default, you must have 10 lods but you can force the game to use the lod_0 only (with Team Editor, for example).
So, at least, 2 lods per team (car1 and car2)
Why using lower lods? At the base, they were useful to unload the processor occupancy. When a car is far from you, from the camera or to the other side of the track and that you don't see it, you don't need to see all the details of the car. They were made to run the game smoother for lower processor and graphic cards when the game came out in 2002.
Now, the majority of the PC are powerful enough to run the game with a low PO, using lod_0 only. Maybe for laptops and mods using hi-res tracks, thay are still useful, depending of your PC configuration.

To wojteckchiller3: Into your car folder, I see medium and hi textures. that's ok but only the car2 and not the car1. You need both car1 and car2. As you don't have lower lods, you need to force the game to use lods_0 only. But as your game runs, I guess it is already done.
About the texture missing, I would say that there is 1 texture not correctly assigned on the car. Open the car with Zmodeler, open material editor and check the textures names into the slots...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 07:19PM by Excalibur.
Date: December 07, 2014 11:07PM
Posted by: nhorry
You need carbon_fongu.tex and brakeglow_fongu.tex, available with the Toyota TF108. You can get it at gp4db.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy