Helmets & Tarmac

Posted by RHill 
Helmets & Tarmac
Date: November 02, 2014 07:37PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you to all who have helped by answering my....endless questions, you have helped an enormous amount and I am now becoming a lot more comfortable with the structure of the GP4 game files and how to mod various aspects of it. One by one, your solving my issues!

I do though have a couple of questions related to installing helmets and tarmac textures (Sound, I just about managed on my own with some tutorials!)

I have recently downloaded the 2014 helmets by @Excalibur (brilliant work by the way!). I figured out that the hi_tex files go in the cars, cars folder of the cars.wad, but where on earth do the mid_tex files go??
I loaded just the high to see if this was an 'option' but the helmet I loaded looked very weird in game, almost like it didnt fit the model.

Any help on installing helmets would be appreciated.

Also, I am attempting to load different tarmac textures (does anyone know where I can get some of the excellent ones I can see in some screenshots?). I have gp4master and have overcome the 'old' .exe issue etc, I can even load the textures, but in game I got lots of alternating stripes.

Again any tutorials on loading tarmac and some good textures would be appreciated.

Thank you
Rich
Re: Helmets & Tarmac
Date: November 03, 2014 02:45AM
Posted by: Excalibur
@RHill: About the helmet: You have to download my 2013 helmet shape first in order to use the 2014 textures. At the moment, you probably use the 2014 textures with another helmet shape. This is why it looks weird in game.
So:
1- Put the car_helmet_xx.gp4 files into your cars/cars folder of your wad + the 2014 helmet textures
You don't have to put the Hi and Mid textures into your wad. Only choose the Hi-version or Mid version of the helmets (Mid version are just recommended for lower PC specs)
2- Don't forget to replace also driver9, driver10 and driver21 textures into your Infogrames/ Grand Prix4/ Cars folder.

That's all ;-)

About tarmacs: Here are some interesting ones: [www.mediafire.com] (From Vesuvius, if I remember well)
Install the one you prefer into your Grand Prix 4/ MAPS / RESOURCES folder

It has been a long time since I did it and after several reinstalls, I don't remember if it should be replaced here but this is where is located the tracmap.tex file.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2014 02:49AM by Excalibur.
Date: November 03, 2014 01:21PM
Posted by: RHill
Thank you!

I will give this a try, but I should now be able to use your 2014 helmets & some great looking tarmac!

What's the deal with the driver 9,10, 21? Is it extra drivers vs the original game?
Date: November 03, 2014 08:11PM
Posted by: Excalibur
RHill écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you!
>
> What's the deal with the driver 9,10, 21? Is it
> extra drivers vs the original game?

I don't really know. Maybe it is something added at the last moment before the game come out. The Grand Prix 4 / Cars folder has got also another tex file also included into the wad.
The thing is that if you modify these files from your wad, you have also to replace them into the GP4/ Cars folder. This is just what I know ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy