(Solved) Problem: GP4 is not able to use the notebook dedicated graphics card

Posted by sergio_poletti 
I bought a Notebook Acer V3-772g: i5-4200U, Intel HD 4600 (Integrated video card), GeForce GT 570M (Dedicated video card), Windows 8.1

When I start GP4 (Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode), the game start correctly, but using GP4 graphics option selection menu only HD 4600 appears on it, the GeForce GT 570M is missing on the menù, the graphics quality and performance obtained is not good.

Using Nvidia control panel I also forced it to use GT 750M as default video card for GP4, but still GT 750M doesn't appear on the GP4 graphics option selection menu.

Thanks for any suggestion to fix the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 08:41AM by sergio_poletti.
You know, if you already solve the problem before somebody replies to you, either by yourself or by PM help of somebody, it'd be smart to post the solution so that the next person who's looking for a solution can actually find one and doesn't have to open a new thread for it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
You are right.

After some hours of various PC setting I discovered that when I associate with the Nvidia Control Panel the GeForce GT 570M to GP4, GP4 still reports on the graphics option selection menù the Intel HD 4600. But despite the Gp4 menù report the game runs with the GeForce GT 570M support, so I was able to set my preferred parameters with Nvidia Control Panel (Antialiasing, Anisotropic filters and others) and got the desired graphics results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy