Problem with pirelli tyres

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Problem with pirelli tyres
Date: September 11, 2014 01:25AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Now I have got one more problem: I simply can't get pirelli tyres sidewalls working in GP4, they are all completely white! I have already tried three different downloads (pirelli tyres from 2012 and 2013) but the sidewalls are white every time. The graphic settings are ok, the name of the files as well because other tyres work with the same name and the tyres are not faulty as well I think. I don't know what to do, maybe somebody has pirelli sidewalls (when possible the yellow ones) that are working 100% so I can test these? Thanks.
Re: Problem with pirelli tyres
Date: September 11, 2014 01:35AM
Posted by: GP_maniac
When you say the graphic settings are ok... Have you changed anything in the graphics config file?
Date: September 11, 2014 01:44AM
No, I haven't.
Date: September 11, 2014 02:17AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Did you use the correct shape for the sidewalls textures? Some wheel shapes are mapped differently. if you change your textures, make sure you have also replaced the wheel_cockpit , wheel_front and wheel_rear lods into your wad.
For example, you can't use my wheels shapes with Hega textures.

Try these ones: Shape and textures but make sure you force the best lods in game (with teameditor), as I didn't have the time to make the lower lods, yet.

Pirelli tyres 2014: [www.mediafire.com]

Original author: Hega's wheel shape 2013
Shape and textures updates: Excalibur.
(wheel_mclaren_x.tex are for Mercedes rims)

Just a BETA version for tests.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 02:20AM by Excalibur.
Date: September 11, 2014 06:20PM
Strange white tyre sidewalls with OZ-logo instead of Pirelli! And using your gp4-files means completely black tyres for all cars! :-( The only working Pirellis are the 2011 ones but there the rims have far too big holes in the middle! But what can I do instead of using that ones? hot
Date: September 11, 2014 06:47PM
It works fine for me so I guess you did something wrong or that your graphics are not configured correctly....
Treads textures are treads+ sidewalls... Wheels_ textures are only rims.
Treads and wheels textures go to the cars/cars/tyres folder of your wad.
Wheel_cockpit, wheel_front, wheel_rear lods go to the cars/ cars folder of your wad.

First, check if it is correct...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 11, 2014 07:03PM
Yes, but I'm using only one sort of tread (Bridgestone and Goodyear1997), but I think that has nothing to do with the sidewalls and it should work fine because with the original michelin tyres of 2001 it does as well....
Date: September 11, 2014 07:09PM
That is not possible that the original Michelin or goodyear1997 work with Hega's shape. The wheels are not mapped the same way.
If you want to use these Pirelli 2014, you have to use the textures and also the new lods, otherwise, it won't work correctly.
Sorry but I can't help you further more if you don't use the textures assigned to their wheel shapes.... You need to install both into your wad.

Date: September 11, 2014 08:51PM
You mean I should rename the files for the treads and put them into the cars.wad as well? But how shall I tell GP4 which treads it have to use for which tyres? :( Oh, maybe.... I think I know a solution.
Date: September 11, 2014 11:30PM
No, don't rename the textures. Just put the textures and the lods into your wad (delete all the old ones) ...(textures into cars/cars/tyres folder of your wad and lods into cars/cars folder of your wad.
Just replace your old files by the new ones.
And use Teameditor to force best lods for the tyres as I didn't make lower lods...

Date: September 12, 2014 01:40AM
It's ok now, I decided to live with the strange rims, it's not that worse. ;)
Date: September 12, 2014 02:43AM
Posted by: Briere
Is "Rotate tire via texture" set to 0 ?
Date: September 12, 2014 03:12AM
Where can I find this option?
Date: September 12, 2014 03:58AM
Posted by: Briere
In the f1graphics.cfg file :)
Date: September 12, 2014 12:04PM
Posted by: SDI
It also matters what you have specified in the performance text file if you're using GPxPatch 4.25 BETA.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: September 12, 2014 02:55PM
Well, it was set to 1 but setting it to 0 didn't solve the problem. And yes, the performance file is right. I just wonder why it works with 2011 pirellis....
Date: September 12, 2014 03:36PM
With my 2011 pirelli tyres, yes, it must set to 1. For 2014 pirelli, you have to replace the lods into your wad, first. Don't use 2011 shape with 2014 textures.
Now, post a picture if you want more help, please.

Date: September 12, 2014 08:50PM
I want to find out on my own, but when this gets on my nerves then you will get your picture. ;)(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy