Please insert the cd problem

Posted by mitchmanu 
Please insert the cd problem
Date: August 02, 2014 01:40PM
Posted by: mitchmanu
Hi everyone.

I have a new computer and when I want to play GP4 and GP3 (no cd version which worked in my previous computer) appears the message "please intert the cd".

The problem is that I don´t have a cd or dvd drive in my computer! What can i do?

cheers
Re: Please insert the cd problem
Date: August 02, 2014 01:50PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
How did you install the game ? I mean, did you just copy the folder from another computer ? If so, the relevant registry keys are missing on your new computer.

Date: August 02, 2014 06:22PM
Posted by: Briere
You'd need to make an iso image to copy on your new computer with a USB drive. Then exact its contents to a temporary folder, install the game normally and apply patches including the no-cd one. That should work I guess.
Date: August 03, 2014 01:09PM
It doesn´t work, with the USB drive. The ISO file is there, I extract it and install and the problem is the same...
Date: August 03, 2014 01:50PM
Posted by: Lo2k
2 ideas :
- never launch GP4 from the original desktop shortcut created at the end of the installation. Delete it and recreate the shortcut from the GP4.exe file manualy.
- download another decrypted (aka nocd) GP4.exe. Such exe are created not to ask for the CD so maybe yours is corrupted. (BTW, there at 3 nocd versions afaik so one of them should work for you). If you don't already use it, you can try This one. this is the one I use from the beginning and it has always worked for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2014 01:57PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 03, 2014 03:43PM
Thanks but still it doesn´t work for me.
Pretty sure it´s related to the fact that i don´t have a cd drive in my computer.
Date: August 03, 2014 05:06PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Which system is it? Windows XP, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bit)?
Date: August 03, 2014 06:57PM
Posted by: superman77m
In the past, i had the same problem with a little notebook. Here explain you the solution. Sorry for my bad english.

With the GP4 NO-CD u can run the game without the original CD, but is needed a physical CD drive.

Solution:
Install a virtual drive. I use "Daemon Tools". If install a virtual drive, the NO-CD can run correctly.

You can download it here (or another webs with different versions):

Daemon Tools

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2014 06:58PM by superman77m.
Date: August 06, 2014 10:50PM
Posted by: superman77m
I don´t know if my answer was useful...
Date: August 07, 2014 02:48AM
Posted by: phantaman
is yes, superman77m. I confirm that I have done this before and it works (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy