Have to re-install GPX to play the game everytime! [Fixed!]

Posted by ketiux 
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and decided to register because I built a new PC and found my beloved GP4 disc. On my old PC I used to play the 2006 MOD with old version of GPX and ZaZ Tools just fine. Now it's different. Please, PLEASE!! Help me solve my issues, I want to play 2006 MOD again and remember the good old times!

What I did so far (Using search function here that is weird, doesn't show related topics):
- Installed the game on a different drive (I use C only for W7)
- Installed patch 9.6
- Installed GPX patch 4.23
- Installed the no CD patch 1.02
- Installed Zaz Tools 1.26

Now, I have to re-install the GPX patch every time I want to run the game for some reason because if I want to run it from the no CD .exe, I get the error "The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from PC". If I try to run from original CD, the screen goes black and game hangs. I found some solutions on these forum (searched 32 pages!).

When I start CSM to install the 2006 MOD, I get the error "no clean wad found". I searched and many said that all I need to do is update and download the latest CSM update and everything should work but Zaz's server is no longer working. Please, someone with patience walk me step by step on how to properly install and set up the game! I also want to edit the performance but I need to find the GP4 decripted .exe (I have it - downloaded two files and when searching for the folder, the program to edit can't find it. I have watched the very few videos on YouTube to install the game but that is with old version of the game and Zaz tools...

I'm willing to uninstall everything and re-download it again to play the mod 2006! This is my third week trying to make it work :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 05:07AM by ketiux.
whats the computer specs and operating system?
Darn it! Forgot that part!

i5 2500k
16GB RAM
GTX 780
HDD Seagate where game is installed but I also have 2 SSD's if that makes a difference.
operating system?

Have you tried the patch downloader contained in the zaz tools folder to fix CSM
Try the solutions on this website. Especially take the time to restart your computer after the uninstallation and then once more after the new installation of GPxPatch to avoid possible cache issues.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
this is where you need to be [www.gp4db.com] now dl the gp4 decrypt and the original cars wad...paste and replace both these into your gp4 folder and away you go
Thanks for the help, I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I cannot use the patch downloader because the server does not exist anymore... Unless I'm confused? And I tried that same page suggestion which is basically to re-install the game using the original copy which I have done. I have also downloaded the files from gp4db.com (Zaz Tools) but not the decrypted nor the wad files. I will try that and see if it works.
Ok, the decrypted file is now fixed but the CSM problem now has changed... It says "This could have several reasons. Make sure your firewall is configured properly or perhaps the server just timed out." Just to make sure, the Zaz Tools and 2006 MOD should be inside the GP4 game folder?
Nop, I keep getting the error message that says that I need to install a clean wad by running a patch downloader or the recovery menu. I don't know how to fix that. Help please?
When I get home from work, I'll tell you what to do.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Welcome to the site. :-)
Disable the patch downloader in CSM options, the server is down. Latest version of CSM is on gp4central.
Patches are on this site, use the 'Jump to' menu top right of this page.
Turn off BCEdit, Google a how-to, uninstall gpx_patch, then run CCleaner on the registry and re-boot. Install gpx. A clean cars.wad can be found on my files, click my sig. Save to GP4Saves, keep it for backup.
Set gp4.exe to WinXP SP2-3 compatibility. Same for gpx_patch. Front tab of gpx, cpu to 0, enable debug, verbosity high. Add CSM to anti-virus exceptions. Test, get back to us. All fixed? Mark your topic header [fixed].

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thank for the welcome. I can't find the option to disable the patch downloader for CSM. Where is it? But I think I downloaded a version from simracingworld.com that had the downloaded disabled by default. I will try and Google all those things and report back.
:( Same problem, although I turned off BCEdit (BCDEdit?) I still don't know how or can't find the option to disable downloader in CSM. I uninstalled Gpx, Zaz and ran CCleaner. Rebooted (Windows froze and gave me an error). Installed again Gpx patch, Zaz, gave rights and compatibility of WinXP S3 and set up Gpx with CPU to 0, enabled debug and verbosity to high. When I start Zaz, it says that a need a clean wad still. Very frustrating!

Everything else seems to be fine, I can start the game from GP4.exe or from Gpx patch. Just can't install the 2006 MOD.
alternatively you can disable the AutoUpdate in zaz gp4 tools\settings\Carset Manager.lni in the line below. There you can disable the gp4.exe check and the original wad check aswell, incase if you still get the message from csm for the original files. Simply change the 1 in those three lines to 0 and it should work

AutoUpdate=0

OriginalEXECheck=0
OriginalWadCheck=0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 04:45PM by quickslick.
Ok, I have finally opened CSM! :-)

New issue: Can't load any mod with CSM for some reason. The mod I have which is already in .cuh (From .rar) won't open in CSM. What gives?
Get the clean wad from my files and replace the one in the root directory if you get a wad error. Use 'open with' on the cuh file and open it with csm. It is compressed and csm should unpack it to the default mod directory.

This is really frustrating me, to the point where I don't want to do this anymore. I even added CSM to the anti-virus just to make sure that was not the problem but still, I get the "Install a clean wad". Everything is on same folder to make sure it works fine but nothing. :(

I lost count on how many times I uninstalled and installed Zaz, from websites and from your site, only to get same error.
Again, get the clean wad from my files, place in gp4 root dir.

I reinstalled everything again. Game too. I used ccleaner and rebooted. Now, CSM opens and I do not get the error but does not read the mod. Compatibility to WinXP S3 and admin rights for everything. Also, some cars are now white and the HUD, RPM and laps are different.
Can CSM be on C and the GP4 folder/game on a different drive? Or they have to be on the same folder?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy