Torque Editor is Becoming Weird

Posted by Briere 
Torque Editor is Becoming Weird
Date: May 19, 2014 02:59AM
Posted by: Briere
(Oh my ! Another thread, I'm such a spammer lol !)

So yeh, as some are aware, I put my hands on Torque Editor to create new power curves for 2014 First Series (;)) cars, but I also tried to make new curves for 2006 V8s and late V10s (more specifically 2004). My custom made V8 curve worked great, but the new one I made today, based on RH2004's Renault engine data just doesn't work. Whatever I do, however I import data to GP4.exe, I get a game crash with no visible problem in the GPxPatch report. Is it possible that some values linked to specific RPM levels make the exe buggy ?

Just compare both curves :

Working V8

Buggy V10
Re: Torque Editor is Becoming Weird
Date: May 19, 2014 10:25AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hmm, it seems that the first sharp edge happens at 6450 RPM/250 of torque. Could you post a screen showing values from 6300RPM (up to 15300 if I am right) ?
Also I never played with Torque myself but maybe torque is capped to around 250 in the game.
Did you try some other power curves which raise porwe curve above a torque of 250 and are working in game ?

Date: May 19, 2014 05:50PM
Oh oui Laurent, my 2014 turbo torque maxes over 400 and works great. I'll show you lower rev data after work tonight :)
Date: May 20, 2014 12:23AM
Date: May 20, 2014 06:33PM
Both curves seem almost identical to my eyes... can't you use this second one instead of the buggy one then ?

Date: May 21, 2014 12:29AM
It'S the same curve lol, I just changed the revs displayed on the left
Date: May 21, 2014 06:39PM
lol, my bad... well, sharp edge is defined to be sharp. So nothing wrong here...

Date: May 22, 2014 12:09AM
Posted by: TomMK
Try changing it one number at a time until you find the value that breaks it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 22, 2014 03:30AM
That's all I have left to do. Hopefully that works well :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy