Mclaren MP4-29 - Barcelona and Shanghai liveries made by Rracunis (LINK REMOVED)

Posted by rracunis 
Excalibur has been working on the update of these liveries and there is no sense in giving to all of you a car with less quality than surely the one he will release soon .
I apologize for having upload the car without his permission .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 08:49PM by rracunis.
thank you very much !:-)
Hi rracunis!

I know you had not bad intentions by updating the textures... but I had the intention to do it, as I said into my thread, after updating the shape..
It is not against you but just let me explain.
When you convert original PSD or tga into tex files, the quality decreases a little bit.
So, if you convert tga into tex, then tex into tga for updating textures, then tga into tex again, the original quality is downgraded.
It is better to put the logos below the ambient occlusion layer in order to keep the shadows safe.
And as I have seen, you didn't keep the alpha layer, which is important for contrast, lightening and reflections.

No problem for me if you update the textures for your personal use (or even if you share it with others by pm) but I prefer that you ask original author first and that you use original textures to do it for an official release.

So, as I said, no offense...I know you didn't have bad intentions. Let your link posted if others want to use it but I will make another version keeping original quality and alpha layers. Hope you understand. ;-)

Thanks for your efforts, anyway.

Regards.

Excalibur.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 07:53PM by Excalibur.
Looking forward to your update Excalibur.

Any chance we might get the new nose included?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance we might get the new nose included?

I don't want to pollute rracunis's thread anymore but to answer you quickly: yes. I am working on it, now...That's why textures updates are delayed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 07:45PM by Excalibur.
(Y)Thank you
Excalibur Wrote:
> Hi rracunis!
>
> I know you had not bad intentions by updating the
> textures... but I had the intention to do it, as I
> said into my thread, after updating the shape..
> It is not against you but just let me explain.
> When you convert original PSD or tga into tex
> files, the quality decreases a little bit.
> So, if you convert tga into tex, then tex into tga
> for updating textures, then tga into tex again,
> the original quality is downgraded.
> It is better to put the logos below the ambient
> occlusion layer in order to keep the shadows
> safe.
> And as I have seen, you didn't keep the alpha
> layer, which is important for contrast, lightening
> and reflections.
>
> No problem for me if you update the textures for
> your personal use (or even if you share it with
> others by pm) but I prefer that you ask original
> author first and that you use original textures to
> do it for an official release.
>
> So, as I said, no offense...I know you didn't have
> bad intentions. Let your link posted if others
> want to use it but I will make another version
> keeping original quality and alpha layers. Hope
> you understand. ;-)
>
> Thanks for your efforts, anyway.
>
> Regards.
>
> Excalibur.

First of all I apologize you for having made changes on your work without have asked your permission .
Actually I like to handle with the images but honestly I know that I have no enough knowledge and skills to make a excellent work as you , Hega , Gezere and so many other mates who usually give to the GP4 community your stunning works.
The only correct thing to be done by myself is remove the link and let you finish the update in which you are working on .
I apologize the community as well , all of you deserve the best and I know that the car released by myself doesn't have this quality .
No worries and sorry again . Looking forward to download your car when you finish it .
Greetings , Ricardo
Ricardo: I hope my words didn't hurt you. If so, excuse me. So, take it easy.
It is not a matter of skill or knowledge.
I was trying to explain you that it is better to work on original files in order to keep the textures quality and all the layers hierarchy. So yes, I would have prefer that you asked me but I didn't take it badly from you because I know you didn't have bad intentions and that you are not a leecher or something like that, ok?

I didn't ask you to remove your link. By waiting a version from original textures and a shape update, feel free to put the link if others want to use your textures. My intention was not to burn your thread in flames or to discredit you. You have my support and I know that your intention was just to share, nothing more.

You have my respect. In the future, just ask me by pm, not for authorization... just to give you (if I don't have the time to do it) the files needed to work with for an oficial update. That's all.

So, no excuses to me or the community, because you didn't make bad things, ok? ;-)

PS: I apologize if my words were read as accusations. I didn't mentionned rules or skills. This was not the aim... Just work support...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 09:20PM by Excalibur.
nice to read this words guys and that you don't argue each other,that is a clean example of how nice and strong this community is,great really appreciated how you both guys acted well done (Y)(Y)

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Excalibur Wrote:
> Ricardo: I hope my words didn't hurt you. If so,
> excuse me. So, take it easy.
> It is not a matter of skill or knowledge.
> I was trying to explain you that it is better to
> work on original files in order to keep the
> textures quality and all the layers hierarchy. So
> yes, I would have prefer that you asked me but I
> didn't take it badly from you because I know you
> didn't have bad intentions and that you are not a
> leecher or something like that, ok?
>
> I didn't ask you to remove your link. By waiting a
> version from original textures and a shape update,
> feel free to put the link if others want to use
> your textures. My intention was not to burn your
> thread in flames or to discredit you. You have my
> support and I know that your intention was just to
> share, nothing more.
>
> You have my respect. In the future, just ask me by
> pm, not for authorization... just to give you (if
> I don't have the time to do it) the files needed
> to work with for an oficial update. That's all.
>
> So, no excuses to me or the community, because you
> didn't make bad things, ok? ;-)
>
> PS: I apologize if my words were read as
> accusations. I didn't mentionned rules or skills.
> This was not the aim... Just work support...

No worries mate :-) You didn't hurt me , I understood and thank you for having given me some tips , actually I would like to learn more and more about manipulation of images but it is not easy to have a free time .
You are 100% right about the quality of the textures , I really didn't use the technique that you mentioned , the more difficult challenge for making a good or at least acceptable work was find out logos with high quality , when I changed the size of the available logos which I found , the quality decreased and the result of the work obviously was not good .
Humbly I know that I have limited skills for this kind of job and I also understand that this was not the matter of your post , the more quality we have , the better is ... for everything in life .
And you also have my respect for your politeness and so many contributions for the community in the past years (B)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 10:59PM by rracunis.
This thread makes me want to do a GROUP HUG ! :) :) :)
Massive respect to both the users involved.

It's great to see.

Excalibur, thanks for the info.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Briere Wrote:
> This thread makes me want to do a GROUP HUG ! :)
> :) :)

Awwww all this love is bringing a tear to my eye :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
rracunis and Excalibur are sitting in a tree... ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy