Cannot save in game

Posted by charliewatts55 
Cannot save in game
Date: May 04, 2014 08:34AM
Posted by: charliewatts55
Hello everyone,

Any help with this would be really appreciated, i have searched through the forums but can't find a solution'

After using CSM and GP4 for mods for a while, i encountered a problem so decided to start again with a fresh installation of the game and mods. I have been unable to play the game since. Whenever i load up CSM an error message from updator comes up saying:

'Not enough access right on disk. if you are running windows Vista, make sure you grant administrator rights to the executable. Right click the exe file and go to properties. Then select 'run as adminstrator'

Then

'Log in as administrator'

I am using Windows 7 and all mods have worked well ever since i have used this laptop. I have tried changing the administrator rights but it still doesn't work.

Thanks

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 03:19AM by charliewatts55.
Re: CSM issues
Date: May 04, 2014 10:46AM
Posted by: mortal
CSM does not require Vista/Win7 admin rights. I suggest you turn off BCEdit and (Google a how to), re-boot, then try CSM again. Turn off the updater in options as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 04, 2014 03:56PM
Posted by: charliewatts55
Thanks for your help with this, i can get the mods working now.

Just one more thing (hopefully); when in the game, i am unable to save anything. The game always says there it is unable to save the file. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charlie
Date: May 04, 2014 10:53PM
Posted by: mortal
Not with that problem, not something I've ever heard off. Corrupt installation maybe, insufficient space on disk? Change header to 'cannot save in-game'.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Cannot save in game
Date: May 05, 2014 08:14AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Make sure the Grand Prix 4 folder (and subfolders) are not read only.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy