Track list help

Posted by GP_maniac 
Track list help
Date: April 19, 2014 11:16PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
I got a new installation of tracks via a 2012 trackpack installed via tsm.

But I am struggling with how to input them manually by overwriting track.wads.

Even when editing gpxtrack data, an installing the relevant S1CTxx it crashes on loading.

Can anyone explain briefly how to input tracks manually to run in an order you like

for example, Melbourne 2013 over Melbourne 2001, and then how they can be installed via gpx

Apologies if this is confusing
Re: Track list help
Date: April 19, 2014 11:37PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Date: April 19, 2014 11:44PM
Posted by: mortal
This is in the FAQ afaik. You cannot overwrite the original wads. If you want to do that, you have to open the dat file for each wad in GP4 builder and change the name. The dat is linked to the relevant wad by name. When the dat cannot find the wad, it crashes.
In gpx set, point it to the location of the dat. Place dat and wad in a new track folder in your GP4 root directory, ie: GP4/New Tracks/Melbourne2013/ then insert them into gpx set in the order you want. That afaik should do it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 19, 2014 11:54PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
is that the only way of installing it, even though when downloading new tracks, I have a 2013 track labelled as the same as the original 2001.

I suppose its only if you have all the wads necessary or its loading through tsm correct?
Date: April 20, 2014 01:39AM
Posted by: tojepo
if I understand well: try this software made by Duffer

Track Installer 1.3
Date: April 20, 2014 02:04AM
Posted by: TomMK
How to install tracks using GPxTrack.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy