How to map cars/helmets/ect (Is there any tutorial)

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
Barring if I can get permission from a certain mod author I intend to compile a mod for public use (Legality helps!) but in the mean time as I've been experimenting in the process of creating cars, converting cars from either F1-99-02 or Rfactor using the mas explorer/Zmodeler 1 + 2 I end up crashing the GP4/CSM I think due to the fact I can't map and I don't know how. For example I converted a car and even that I edited as I open the file on GP4 Builder it comes up with the scene of the car with wheels and a driver standing next to the car...it's odd.

Is there any tutorial on this? for both conversion into GP4/the mapping process?

Lastly does anyone know andy371 from the Rfactor crew? as he's the person I've been trying to get in touch with.

Out of it all I want to be able to map cars/helmets ect, to be about to convert other cars compile a certain mod and with permission release it for public use....note the words Legality, Permission and Public use (Y)(Y)(Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 03:26PM by JasonJarvis1988.
Well if GP4 is crashing because of replacing a model (.gp4) is not really a mapping problem, it's more on how the 3D model is converted into a .gp4 file, like the object parts and the textures it's assigned too :-)
9 times out of 10 a car model will run ok in GP4, as long as it has all the object parts and assigned textures :-) even if the .tex files are not in the .wad file, it will still run, but the car model will be white ingame.
When I test my GRID or DiRT converted cars in GP4, I import a default .gp4 car into zMod over the top of the converted car and make the converted car the cockpit object, and then export it as a .gp4 again and test it :-) I don't even assign the cockpit object to anything,the car runs white ingame, because of that, but it's only testing so it's ok. then if all is running good, I go back into zmod and break the cockpit object into the right parts needed for GP4 to understand and assign it textures. :-)

So recheck you cars object parts and texture assignments and see if the problem is that :-)
I don't think it's anything to do with mapping ;-)

I think I've got a tutorial on how to convert from one game into GP4 and a zMod mapping tutorial somewhere :) I'll have a look :)

I've also found a tutorial on making a car in GP :-) talks abit about mapping and the object parts :-)
[www.mediafire.com]

These files will be available until monday (7th April 2014), if anyone needs these files after that, then just PM me :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 07:07PM by Flash Formula.
Thanks for the help Flash!!!! (Y)

Much appreciated!
No problem mate :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy