Couple of questions from newbie

Posted by HDomazet 
Couple of questions from newbie
Date: February 06, 2014 01:06AM
Posted by: HDomazet
Hi guys,I've been playing F1 Challenge,rFactor,F1 Series by Codemasters and many more racing games,but there was always that one thing that annoyed me.The AI.And so I've gone over to GP4,because of it's supreme AI Intelligence and many mods of seasons that I love.Yes,the AI is pretty big deal for me in racing games,because I don't play online too often and I want to play full season against drivers who feel like I'm driving against real people,and that's exactly what GP4 is giving me.However,I have couple of questions that I hope you guys can answer:
1.I don't have time to do full 100% races,so I was wondering if I can lower fuel and tyre wear so that me and AI go to the pits even when I play 25% distance?
2.I've noticed some flickering on distant objects and I don't know the cause to it.I don't think that it's my computer's fault,as it's fairly decent
3.The engine sounds in this game are horrible haha.Is there any way to improve them?
Other than that,I'm really enjoying this game! Thanks in advance and cheers! :)
Re: Couple of questions from newbie
Date: February 06, 2014 01:21AM
Also,I get drive-through penalty even when I just touch grass a little.
Date: February 06, 2014 11:26PM
Posted by: TomMK
1) The AI will generally not make pitstops unless the race distance is > 50%. If you want to experiment, you could edit the track's Magic Data using CMagic to play with fuel consumption to force the AI to run out of fuel early, in which case they will decide to pit, but it would take time to figure it out.

2) Not sure.

3) Yes. Look for threads by Briere.

4) You can turn off black-flag / drive through penalties using GP4 Tweaker. If you're not sure how just ask.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 07, 2014 02:22AM
Posted by: roraimafilho
Sorry to use your topic, but I think I'm a newbie too.

I have a little question. Every time I play, no matter if wiht a mod or not, at the beggining of the race, at start point, I can't manage to do a good start. Every time I were overtaked by at least two cars!

I'm playing with keyboard on a laptop.

Is there a way to do a better star?

Tks in advance
Date: February 07, 2014 10:43PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Press the throttle pedal instead of the brakes one.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:27PM
Posted by: TomMK
EricMoinet
Press the throttle pedal instead of the brakes one.

lol.

@roraimafilho - you need to get a wheel, the keyboard controller has traction control built in which is holding you back off the line.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 08, 2014 01:55AM
I will try it EricMoinet... startint it at monaco... Rss

Abaout the wheel.. at the moment I can't spare money on it. :(
Date: February 08, 2014 12:14PM
:)
Maybe you can go a level down, ie if you're running at Ace level go down to Pro level so that the AI go a bit slower.

Date: February 08, 2014 03:04PM
that's is not the problem. Playing the mods (1991, 92, beta 96, 2002) and original game itself I can win races despite been at ACE level. The only trouble is the race start, when I am overtaked by 2 or 3 cars, but at the first corner, I can take back some positions.

The level is not the problem... Actually, even playing on ACE with Keyboard, i need to increase the CCs performance a little. ;)
Date: February 08, 2014 03:43PM
Oh! Excuse me Sebastian ;)
The cars starting faster than you in Ace level isn't an issue IMO, playing with a keyboard. As said TomMK a wheel is what you need. :)

Date: February 18, 2014 09:02PM
Cheers on answers guys! However,I have a new question now: I downloaded some f1graphics.cfg file from internet and now I get some wierd motion blur effect on tracks roads.How can I disable that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy