ZAZ Tools/Missing GP4.exe [fixed]

Posted by 01jabbott 
ZAZ Tools/Missing GP4.exe [fixed]
Date: November 26, 2013 01:43AM
Posted by: 01jabbott
Hi Folks,

I've had GP4 since new and only recently decided to capitalise on the brilliant work that has been done with all the MODs. I am illiterate technically unfortunately, but I seem to be having a basic problem that I haven't found a resolution for in any of the FAQ section, my fault no doubt.

My problem relates to ZAZ Tools. I have downloaded it and I am receiving:

"unable to retrieve list
this could have several reasons make sure you have configured your firewall properly or perhaps the server just timed out,
also its possible you cant retrieve this version list because of a Proxy.'

When I try and click the CSM icon box I get a message asking me to select your GP4 executable and in file type asks for .exe files. I understand/think I understand it is asking for my GP4.exe file which should be found under: C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\ .... but for one reason or another gp4.exe is not listed there and I cannot find it, therefore hindering progress.

The game runs fine without any MODs or anything, and I would greatly appreciate some advice so I can crack on with updating the game. I am hoping it is an obvious thing I have missed!

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 09:15PM by mortal.
Re: ZAZ Tools/Missing GP4.exe
Date: November 26, 2013 04:22AM
Posted by: Foreverk
The message :"unable to retrieve list, this could have several reasons make sure you have configured your firewall properly or perhaps the server just timed out, also its possible you cant retrieve this version list because of a Proxy" is because ZaZ updates site is down, anyway you can find the fix here: [www.grandprixgames.org] .
The gp4.exe sounds strange to me but maybe anyone else will give you a faster solution, but just in case you always can get a copy of the full game patched and ready to use csm mods here: GP4 Central, hope you get GP4 running again soon! (Y)
Date: November 26, 2013 01:15PM
Thanks for the response.

The 'unable to retrieve list' problem cannot be solved in the same way as in that previous thread because I cannot select/find gp4.exe as my gp4 executable when I click to open CSM in the first place, which is odd. Is it worth just downloading the full patched copy of the game, cutting my losses and hoping that works do you think?
Date: November 26, 2013 01:21PM
Posted by: mortal
Odd. Download the exe from here. Place it into the GP4 dir, overwrite if necessary. Then point CSM to the file.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 26, 2013 05:39PM
I have downloaded the decrypted nocd GP4 1.02 file as suggested, then on save as I have gone into the GP4 directory and it is now telling me 'I do not have permission to save in this location.'

Thanks again for the help, any suggestions for this..?
Date: November 26, 2013 09:44PM
Posted by: mortal
Click Start, type inetcpl.cpl into Search box and press Enter. Switch to Security tab, uncheck “Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer)” and click OK.

1. Open my computer, right click on local disk that you are trying to save the file, for example D:, right click, then properties.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Click on the Administrators
4. Click Edit...
5. Click Administrators again.
6. The permission already allow full control, check deny, then check again allow full control, then apply.
7. After finish, click ok, ok.

You are using a Guest account, and do not have admin rights?
Disable anti-virus?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 09:51PM by mortal.
Date: November 26, 2013 10:57PM
Posted by: TomMK
I find it easier to install GP4 into my Home directory (e.g. C:\User\YourName\Grand Prix 4), instead of the default Program Files folder. You don't need the OS's permission to mess about with the files then.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: November 27, 2013 12:36AM
Thanks for the pointers guys. Ive bumbled my way through a few more stages. I have used the GP4 Central guide and copied all steps to ensure GP4 is ready to be modified. I have edited CSM to ensure it doesn't automatically update, but when I use the Updater it is telling me it cannot retrieve the list, and therefore I cannot 'download updates.' I have copied all the stages and the game is working with no problems, but I am at a bit of a stumbling block. I've edited firewalls to allow all traffic.

Any ideas? Thanks again..
Date: November 27, 2013 12:39AM
'Edited firewalls to allow traffic through the Updater I mean, not just generally :)
Date: November 27, 2013 12:52AM
You can't update ZaZ Tools or CSM anymore. The server is down, possibly permanently.

As long as you are using the version of ZaZ Tools from GP4 Central, or this website, you are OK. You don't need to update it.

Date: November 27, 2013 01:55AM
Okay thanks mate. Sorry for all the questions I wont have many more. I have downloaded the 2013 MOD from GP4 central. It doesn't automatically load into a program so I have manually chosen CSM. When CSM opens nothing happens.

When I click install carset/update the file is nowhere to be found, even in downloads. The file name is: 2013 Mod v5.0 by GP4 Central.cuh
Is it something to do with the file type? I think it is a torrent file.

Thanks for understanding the lack of knowledge on my part.
Date: November 27, 2013 02:29AM
The file you have downloaded is probably called: 2013 Mod v5.0 by GP4 Central.cuh.torrent. It is a BitTorrent file.

I use BitTorrent to publish the GP4 Central Mods because they would otherwise require more bandwidth than I have available on the site. By using BitTorrent, the community gets to help me out a bit by sharing the files :).

You need to use a BitTorrent application to download torrents. I recommend uTorrent. It should recognise when you download a .torrent file and start downloading the mod.

Alternatively, if using BitTorrent doesn't appeal to you, you are welcome to PM me for a direct download link to any of the files on the site.

Date: November 27, 2013 04:29PM
I have it working now. thanks to everyone for advice greatly appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy