opening a gp4 file with zmodeler

Posted by thehornet 
Date: November 03, 2013 05:24AM
Posted by: thehornet
hi all,i would really like to change car liveries from some of my gp4 cars,i have tried to open the gp4 file with zmodeler but says its not a z3d file so i cant open it,is there a converter that any of you guys use, or is there a tutorial that would help me in this mission,all i want to do is repaint a car with lets say a 1991 carshape,not sure what im doint wrong so any advice would go along way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 07:56PM by thehornet.
Re: help please
Date: November 03, 2013 07:17AM
Posted by: mortal
afaik there's something in the FAQ on it. Otherwise change your topic header to show 'opening a gp4 file with zmodeler'.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 03, 2013 07:59AM
Posted by: gareth
You should be able to convert the tex file to a tga using Slimtex or Texresizer, and then using Photoshop or similar paint your new livery on the tga, then resave to tex. No real need to use Zmodeler or the gp4 files
Date: November 03, 2013 12:17PM
Posted by: littleone90
thehornet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi all,i would really like to change car liveries
> from some of my gp4 cars,i have tried to open the
> gp4 file with zmodeler but says its not a z3d file
> so i cant open it,is there a converter that any of
> you guys use, or is there a tutorial that would
> help me in this mission,all i want to do is
> repaint a car with lets say a 1991 carshape,not
> sure what im doint wrong so any advice would go
> along way

Try this : file- import- choose the file of the car.
If the car is not locked it works ;)

Date: November 03, 2013 07:55PM
Posted by: thehornet
thanks for the advice guys,i did try to import to zmodeler but it says its locked,but i didnt know i could just use the tex file,so me is going to try it that way.thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy