Getting the 1993 Season in game

Posted by J i m 
Getting the 1993 Season in game
Date: September 12, 2013 02:15PM
Posted by: J i m
I'm trying to apply a reasonable standard car set for the 1993 season to GP4.

Now, I'm aware that there is a 1993 mod "WIP" and it looks very exciting indeed. But it's likely to be a long time before it's completed and released. I'm also aware that the completed cars have actually been released individually and I have downloaded them (they are simply terrific).

I have kind of managed to botch them into a separate install of GP4, using Easywad, TeamEditor and GP4Tweaker. But this is far from ideal and I'd like to be able to use CSM instead and have just the one installation of GP4.

I have been looking at the file directory structures and ini files of existing mods, and have been trying to adapt empty CSM packages to fit the 1993 season. However I have to admit that I'm struggling to get my head around the finer parts of it and am wondering if anyone has produced their own personal 1993 CSM which automatically selects the appropriate track specific liveries and drivers and performance files etc?

If anyone would be willing to share this with me I'd be most grateful.
I simply want to be able to enjoy the 1993 season in a way which make sense, and I would not be putting the file online anywhere and in anycase I'll be downloading the finished mod for sure when it's released because it looks like it'll be supreme.

Thanks.

Re: Getting the 1993 Season in game
Date: September 12, 2013 02:37PM
Posted by: TomMK
It does seem a shame that no-one has made a 1993 mod out of these amazing cars. They're some of the best out there for GP4.

You've got me interested. Maybe I can do a little CSM mod.

I may be liable to over-state Damon Hill's abilities though. Just saying... (see avatar).

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: September 12, 2013 02:52PM
Just to reiterate.. I mean in no way to be inconsiderate to Diego and his colleagues (Diego is a personal friend) who are working very hard on everything... but these cars simply deserve to be enjoyed. I wouldn't be looking for anything major to be released and certainly not without permission.

But I do need assistance in getting them into the game properly, because I can only manage it to a very basic standard :(

I did do an average performance file, based on qualifying results averaged out across the season... but because I used Prost as the bench mark, Hill's variance does see him beat him more than is strictly necessary ;-)

Date: September 12, 2013 03:09PM
Totally agree - I don't want to steal the thunder of the upcoming 1993 mod, at all. But a nice easy 1993 Empty Mod will help people make the most of the individual car releases in the meantime.

OK so a quick bit of research and there are 11 easily available teams so we have the makings of a mod. I'm not sure about helmets and tyres?

I can throw a 1993 Empty CSM mod together over the next few days, and I'll contact Oggo and the other authors to see if I can get the cars uploaded to GP4 Central, along with some positions files to help people putting together their own mod.

Date: September 12, 2013 03:40PM
That would be really handy... copy and pasting files is imminently easier than the actual coding of the more intricate bits :)

Date: September 22, 2013 01:54PM
As promised, here is my 1993 Empty CSM Mod.

I've ignored the Tyrrell and Lola teams in order to keep to the 11 team limit of GP4. And there are no driver changes, just a simple single performance file that does a pretty good job of matching the 1993 results.

Let me know how you get on, and if there are any bugs?

Date: September 23, 2013 02:28PM
Posted by: wmarzia
Thanks for this empty mod, TomMK.

Does anyone have a position file for wheels and helmets to set in each car of the mod? :-)
Date: September 23, 2013 07:46PM
Brilliant Tom, thanks. I'll download this soon, when I've got a better internet connection, I've just moved and am hot-spotting from my mobile.

Date: September 26, 2013 01:41AM
Posted by: davegp4
any chance of a non csm?Dog

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: September 26, 2013 02:07PM
The 1993 mod itself is WIP, and it's likely to take a loooooong time yet because the developers have a life outside modding :)

All the cars (they are awesome) are available to install via easy wad if you so want.

Date: September 26, 2013 03:16PM
Posted by: nhorry
Do you have a working link for the Tyrrell and Sauber?
Date: September 26, 2013 04:57PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Neither car has been released yet.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 26, 2013 08:40PM
davegp4
any chance of a non csm?

Not sure what an empty non-CSM mod would look like... Isn't that just the original GP4?!

You can take the performance file from my CSM mod and then use easywad to install the cars individually.

nhorry
Do you have a working link for the Tyrrell and Sauber?

Use the ones from the 1994 mod if you need them. They're both similar to the 1993 cars.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy