Craig

Re: Finished Car in game photos
Date: August 26, 2013 12:09PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Nice car Craig. And nice flag too ;-)

Not many tips I can give you except those you may yet be aware :
- use zModeller to preview your car in 3D while painting it ;
- use Photoshop/PaintShopPro/The Gimp to paint the car ;
- In it use different layers for each part you're drawing and don't hesitate to group them into folders to sort them by type ;

For the logos part, go to BrandOfTheWorld.com they have a bunch of logos free to use. Prefer vectors format so you can resize them without loss of quality ;

Apart from that, the PDVSA logo on the air intake hurts me. That could be me because I have some problems with color seeing, but usually that kind of logo is white on a dark blue background.
Maybe the car is a little bit shiny, something to do with the alpha layers but I'm not an expert.

Also, a Williams logo on a Patteson-Mercedes ? :-o Are they building your car ? ;)

Very good attempt anyway. Waiting for new cars to see from you.

Date: August 26, 2013 12:15PM
Posted by: Mullet345
How about putting a car number on the car?

Date: August 26, 2013 12:41PM
Posted by: Stoopid
The car's reflection may be down to the f1graphics.cfg being used in the game.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: August 26, 2013 12:43PM
Posted by: WilliamsF1fan
Thanks for the feedback Williams logo on a Patteson Mercedes well me and my family are very big fans of Williams my dad since early 80's and me well I was born into formula 1 and Williams our race cars we race at hill climbs and sprints are both in Williams colours haha

The car can be shinny on some circuits but ill look into that more when creating my next car

As for numbers there is a number on the front and rear wing end plates

Thanks again for the feedback will be creating a new car soon just gotta think of 1 first
Date: August 26, 2013 04:05PM
Posted by: AndrewHarper
Yes it looks very nice! haha.

Now we've got to spend the next 2 years doing a Vals de Terres Hill Climb Course! :)
Date: August 28, 2013 11:35PM
Posted by: WilliamsF1fan
Next Car im gonna make is a plants vs zombies car :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy