Installing/EXTRACTING ONE track from a Trackpack

Posted by pippo46 
Installing/EXTRACTING ONE track from a Trackpack
Date: March 14, 2012 05:56PM
Posted by: pippo46
I was searching for some tracks a while ago, though I could ONLY find in a COMPLETE TRACKPACK.

After downloading this trackpack, is it possible to extract just the PARTICULAR Track I need ONLY? if so, how can this be done please?

The type of file is "Trackpack 19xx.tup"

Appreciate your assistance

Cheers & Roll on 2012.......
Re: Installing/EXTRACTING ONE track from a Trackpack
Date: March 14, 2012 11:39PM
Posted by: mortal
The extraction method will install the entire track pack. You can delete the tracks not required and edit the track.ini, if there is one, to remove the tracks you have deleted. Most likely you will have to edit the ini file for the mod you wish to use the track with anyway.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
You have to extract the whole trackpack, but once you've done that you can go to the Tracks folder in your GP4 Directory and you can find the track you are looking for.

X (@ed24f1)
is not the same process (as in the easywad tool - you open the compressed file in memory, view and extract what you want) ... until it would be a good add this functionality to this tool, we could suggest this to Mr. ZaZ ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 02:36PM by phantaman.
Date: October 01, 2012 10:51PM
Posted by: Pont
i want to use some tracks without using csm / tsm....is it possible? when i try to open this tup fil i get following mssg...detected gp4.exe is gp4.exe do you want to use this file.
Date: October 03, 2012 07:33PM
anyone?
Date: October 03, 2012 08:04PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It is possible. Like Schueyfan said earlier on: You have to extract the whole trackpack, but once you've done that you can go to the Tracks folder in your GP4 Directory and you can find the track you are looking for.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 03, 2012 08:24PM
can i do that without doing any harm to my personal game. i'm not using csm mods but i made my own personal game.
Date: October 03, 2012 08:36PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Nope, it just extracts the wads, dats and some other files to the Tracks folder in your GP4 directory.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 04, 2012 07:50PM
ok i will give it a try
Date: October 05, 2012 07:58PM
it's working! great!
Date: August 14, 2013 06:13PM
another question.....can i install a mod without doing any harm to my personal game. i mean i installed several nice cars manually and i'm using gp4 without using csm but there might be some older cars in a mod which i would like to add manually into my game.
Date: August 14, 2013 09:09PM
anyone?
Date: August 15, 2013 12:26AM
Posted by: TomMK
You can install CSM and then install mods, which won't affect your base install of GP4. But it's not recommended because CSM assumes you have a clean install of GP4, not a modded one, so it might not like it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 15, 2013 07:34PM
Thanks Tom, so i really have to be careful....to be on the safeside you do not recommend it. My gp.exe has been modded as i described earlier.
it's really no problem, just simply copy your cars wad, gp4 exe and anim wad from your game to another folder and safe it. Then you can install everything and after this, you can copy your files back to your gp4 folder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy