GP4 Windows 8 various issues.

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
GP4 Windows 8 various issues.
Date: August 04, 2013 05:50PM
Posted by: JasonJarvis1988
I use a newly brought middle of the range Windows 8 (64) PC with intelcore with Nvidia graphics. Every time I install it, patch it then no cd it...the ferraris are white the other cars have 90% of their livery with white underneath.

In the rare occasion when it works without any issues I install zaz tools, it won't update...then when I install a mod I start it up and the game is still on the (vanilla) 2001 season than playing the mod.

When it does work without Zaz/mods the vanilla is very smooth and runs without any issues.

I followed this [gp4forever.com]
I get to the command prompt copy and pasting this "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" it doesn't work either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 03:58AM by JasonJarvis1988.
Re: GP4 Windows 8 various issues.
Date: August 06, 2013 02:57AM
Posted by: davegp4
hi there just got through all this last month - do this first

then right click the top of your comand prompt & run as adminisrator - you should see then
administrator/comand prompt at the top then type - bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff - thats what got me racing.(B)
Date: August 06, 2013 12:37PM
Posted by: mortal
Zaz Tools will not update due to the fact the update server is down.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 07, 2013 05:20PM
The game works with the patch/gpxpatch without any problems, just Zaz tools won't load any of the mods...I start it up and it goes straight to the vannila game again.

Cheers Mortal for the heads up, I was wondering why it won't load up.
Date: August 07, 2013 10:51PM
If Zaz Tools will not load a mod; open the csm file in the mod folder with notepad and look for these lines;

UID ={16736FA8-A3FB-474E-8A26-9AB2866638EH}
MinimumVersion =1.25.1173

delete the content of {} and make sure you have this minimum version.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 10, 2013 03:29AM
It's loading the mod like it would usually do when it loads up the screen is black and stays black without me opening the task manager to end task
Date: August 10, 2013 07:12AM
It is possible that in W8 you might need to set CSM to run in XP SP2/3 mode. I'd like to know what controller you are using? If it is external, such as a gamepad or wheel, unplug it and test.
You could try changing your drivers, as a black screen is usually always a graphics related issue. Test WHQL drivers, an earlier version if you have the latest drivers.
Also, in gpx set the cpu to 1 and verbosity to high, sometimes that can help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy