Zaz tools error - please help [fixed]

Posted by markie1611 
Zaz tools error - please help [fixed]
Date: June 24, 2013 11:07PM
Posted by: markie1611
I recently started playing GP4 again, as i was looking at all the Mods available for the game i thought i would try some of them. I would love to play this game for the current season and as it has just been developed i thought it would be excellent. I have installed all the relevant downloads but i cant seem to get Zaz tools working correctly.

when i click and open Zaz tools i receive an error saying

"unable to retrieve list
this could have several reasons make sure you have configured your firewall properly or perhaps the server just timed out,
also its possible you cant retrieve this version list because of a Proxy"

i have sorted my server out and my firewall is configured properly and i have no proxy so none of this make sence

if i try to load the carset direcly by double clicking it i get the error

"there was a problem sending the command to the programme"

can someone shed some light as this game would be amazing if i could update it. Thanks

M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 02:32PM by mortal.
Re: Zaz tools error - please help
Date: June 24, 2013 11:20PM
Posted by: mortal
The site is down, uncheck auto update, you have the latest version of CSM anyway.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 24, 2013 11:22PM
Posted by: nicki87
Hi markie :) your problems can be solved easily: as for the first issue you have to go to the CSM options menu and untick the autoupdate check, because currently the update servers are down; as regards the second problem try to use an alternative method to install mods: open CSM exe, go to File>Install carset/update and browse your .cuh file related to the mod you want to install, then click Open and it's done, it should work like this :)
Date: June 25, 2013 02:20PM
Posted by: markie1611
Wow that was so simple i feel stupid askiing. It seemed to work so if i have other problems i will let you know. Thanks both for your help
Date: June 25, 2013 02:28PM
You're welcome :)
Date: July 13, 2013 08:57PM
Posted by: woodface
Hi. I'm having the same problem but i'm embarrassingly uncomputer savvy and unlike markie1611 i can't find the csm options menu to untick the autoupdate. Any help would be very gratefully received. Thank you.
Re: Zaz tools error - please help [fixed]
Date: July 14, 2013 01:56AM
Posted by: TomMK
File -> Options -> untick "Auto Update".

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 15, 2013 10:17PM
Thank you for the reply TomMK this will come in very very handy as i would not have known where to look but looking at this i think my problem is earlier then i realised. When i try to open the csm icon all i get is a box saying: select your GP4 executable and in file type asks for exe files. I can't find anything which will open as you've put above.

I don't know if it's a problem with zaz tools, as i tried to follow the installing of zaz tools on the GP4central site but after installing i needed to download and install patch9.6 but nothing happened and i had to find and install it separately. I don't know if this is the problem.

Is there anyway to make the csm work or do you think i'd going to have to uninstall and reinstall everything and hope the zaz tools patch9.6 download works?

Thank you for taking time on this and again i am grateful for any reply.
Date: July 16, 2013 12:21AM
OK, CSM is asking where the GP4.exe file is (answer: it is in the folder you installed Grand Prix 4 in).

When the dialog box saying "Select your GP4 executable" appears, navigate it to your GP4 folder (I assume you know where you installed GP4 to? The default is C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\) and select GP4.exe.

Date: July 17, 2013 09:58PM
TomMK your help has been invaluable but i need to ask you for one more thing.

With your help i've been able to use the CSM to set up a mod and trackset, yet when i click on start gp4 loads but it's the original game not the mod. When i looked in load, it says carsets and it seems to be in there (1991), but it's a different colour to other saved games and when i click on it it opens to a list of various things (cars, drivers, tracks, etc) and when i click on them it comes up blank.

I'm sorry to keep bugging you with this but i really do appreciate you help and hopefully this with be the last time.
Date: July 18, 2013 12:56AM
OK you seem to be trying to load a saved game from within GP4? That's not right.

Just select the mod you want to play in CSM, press Start, and GP4 will load. Then race. That's all you need to do.

Date: July 18, 2013 11:21PM
No the problem is when i unpack the mods and press start it loads the normal original game not the mod. The thing with the trying to load is that when the mod didn't appear i just had a look around and found carset in there but it wasn't something i was looking to load and it didn't do anything anyway. Like i said it's the loading of the original game and not the mod when i press start which is the problem and which i don't understand why it's not loading.

(i'm really sorry this is going on and wasting your time and i would understand if you've had enough).
Date: July 19, 2013 01:50AM
Uninstall everything and start again. If CSM is not loading the mod then something is corrupted.

Start with a clean install of GP4.

Patch it, and then add the decrypted no-cd. Then play the game <-- this is important.

Install GPxPatch and then ZaZ Tools.

Load the mod into CSM and try again.

Date: July 21, 2013 05:06PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi!
How to export a mod with CSM greater than 2GB? ;-)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: July 21, 2013 08:44PM
What do you mean exactly with "export" Cleber? :)
Date: July 22, 2013 02:15PM
Hello! (Y)

I have my mods for CSM and whenever I make a change I "I export" to the mod file (.cuh) to have as backup...;-)

But the 1992 mod, it does not export to be larger than 2GB. :(

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: July 22, 2013 07:26PM
Ah ok Cleber, understood, unfortunately I don't have the solution for this issue, it's likely that it's a sort of limit of CSM software, hope someone will be able to help you :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 01:18AM by nicki87.
Date: July 25, 2013 08:45PM
WooHoo. Got mods to load at last. Had to mess about trying to get a clean install but managed it at last. Got white car and running really slow (like a youtube video when shockwave crashes on chrome), but apparently these are regular problems for new users it seems and is to do with graphics (although the threads i've found tell you to do they don't tell you where to look to make the changes. People not used to speaking to a novice like me) and graphic drivers so will be trying to work this last little bit out now.

So BIG thank you to TomMK for your help. I wouldn't have got anywhere near this far without it. Thank you.

(Cleberpister: would love to help but as i'm sure you have noticed that it way beyond me. Sorry)
Date: July 26, 2013 01:26AM
Posted by: gitanes
@clebepister
you have to "split" your mod in parts!
First of all, you need a copy of your mod directory.
The commonly most space consuming part of a mod are the cars, so go to the original mod folder and delete the contents of the data/cars folder. Export the mod (.cuh).
Then go to the copied mod and delete all the contents of the data/* folders retaining its structure and, of course, keeping the data/cars folder. Keep the files in the root folder of the mod! I'm not sure if necessary, but keep also the settings folder! Export this copied mod as an update (.cmu).

For the 1992 mod, you should probably further divide the copied mod in the same matter, because its data/cars folder is about 3.7 GB big!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: July 26, 2013 01:05PM
Hi!
Thanks...I'll try this...Grateful...(Y)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy