Problem with Mods

Posted by markie1611 
Problem with Mods
Date: July 11, 2013 10:43PM
Posted by: markie1611
Hi there. I have recently started playing GP4 again and have been really impressed with the mods which have been made.

But for some reason on my machine they keep crashing. As im still quite new to the mods maybe im doing something wrong and was hoping someone could help as its quite infuriating.
When i load a mod it all seems fine i load the game and it starts fine. If im doing a 100% race it will let me race until between 50-75% race distance and then i will get an error message saying GP4.exe has stopped responding, please close program.

Ive tried this with 4 different mods, Both 2012 &2013 GP4central mods, another 2013 mod (cant remember who that was by) and also a 2009 FSone mods.

They all react slightly different. both Gp4central mods work perfect until they hit that 75% distance. Although this is only 50% of the time, on a few occasions they have let a full race been complete, but then they will crash the next race.
the other 2013 mod barely works and i think there are more problems with that rather than just my crashing but i dont know what they are yet.
But the FSone 2009 one works pretty well. So far it is yet to crash. (but its an old season when i want a current one)

im not using any new tracks, just the original and there seems to be no correlation between an event on track and the game crashing. Im hoping its just a setting somewhere. but if anyone has experienced the same or has any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Re: Problem with Mods
Date: July 11, 2013 11:41PM
Posted by: TomMK
GP4 has always been flaky. You just have to keep saving the game and coming back to it if it crashes.

I would love to figure out if there is something in particular that causes it but most of the time its just totally random.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 11, 2013 11:55PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
To TomMK I can only say, that crashes aren't God-given. I haven't had any crash in my GP4 since more than one year now (except those crashes where I made a mistake creating a new track).
So GP4 is not nessecarily very buggy ;-). Crashes do always have a cause, which can be solved. And current GPxPatch solves most of them (Y).

To original message: Sadly, I've only heard about these things regarding to certain tracks (Valencia, Bahrain and some others are mostly known for that). I hope you'll be able to fix this issue ;-).

BTW: I wonder why especially newbies always want to play and tweak the most difficult thing in GP4: mods ;-).
Date: July 12, 2013 01:09AM
Posted by: TomMK
klausfeldmann
I haven't had any crash in my GP4 since more than one year now.
Well that's tempting fate!! So you can even get through 100% races every time?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 12, 2013 11:39AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
TomMK schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I haven't had any crash in my GP4 since more
> than one year now.
>
> Well that's tempting fate!! So you can even get
> through 100% races every time?

I drive 20 races a year, always with 100% distance --> No crash so far ;-).

How I drive?
- I don't use any mods and
- I have to be careful which tracks I drive. Some of the new tracks still have some crashes, but 90% of them are alright (Y).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy