CSM help please?

Posted by GP_maniac 
CSM help please?
Date: June 23, 2013 06:47PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
Whenever I load CSM this message appears..

Unable to retrieve list.
This could have several reasons. Make sure you have configured your firewall properly or perhaps the server just timed out.
Also its possible that you cant retrieve the version list because of a proxy.

I am trying to load a 2013 mod but can not do anything unless I can stop this message
Re: CSM help please?
Date: June 23, 2013 07:02PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Go to File > Options > untick the box "Auto update".

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 23, 2013 08:06PM
How would I then open a mod in csm?
Date: June 23, 2013 11:19PM
Posted by: mortal
First open the cuh file with csm, then the mod will unpack within csm, then it will appear in the list of available mods.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 23, 2013 11:49PM
How can you install new tracks into the game using CSM or is it a different function

I may also have raised this question already but I have all in game graphics to high, have edited my config file but all cars still appear white
Date: June 23, 2013 11:59PM
TSM for tracks, white car fix is in the FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 24, 2013 06:47PM
Posted by: ScuderiaColoni
For ínstalling new tracks there's TSM.

To install new tracks, you can either install a complete trackpack, or install a single tracks manually.

1) Installing trackpacks.
Installing trackpacks is easy. Just click on "tasks" in TSM, and then on "Install track". Then select the .tuh file (the trackpack) you want to install, and TSM automatically installs the trackpack and creates a profile containing all tracks from the trackpack.

2) Installing single tracks manually
First, create a folder for the track you want to install, and put the .wad and the .dat file there. To install the track, launch TSM, and click "manage tracks". Then click "create new track". TSM will ask you know to give the name of the folder of the track. Then enter the information (Name,Year,Coutry,Adjective,Author,Event). Not all of this information is required for the track to work, but you should at least enter the track name and the country, so you can later find it easier. Then you enter the .wad and the .dat file of your track and click "save".

3) Creating your own profile
To create your own profiles, click "manage profiles". Now you can edit and create profiles. To create a new one, click "create new profile". Now select the tracks you want to use from the list below, where all your installed tracks show up (the ones from Trackpacks and also the manually installed ones). When you're finished, quit TSM. Now go to the mods configurables, and select the profile you created to play the tracks you installed.

I hope that helps.
Date: June 24, 2013 11:21PM
This is in the FAQ. :-)

Date: June 24, 2013 11:55PM
I can not see the white car fix in the FAQ

could it be something to do with the comps graphic capability
Date: June 24, 2013 11:59PM
Posted by: nicki87
You should sort out the problem by changing to High the car textures into the graphic options menu :)
Date: June 25, 2013 12:09AM
I have all graphics set to high in game already
Date: June 25, 2013 12:15AM
Posted by: nicki87
Uhm....sounds strange...
Date: June 25, 2013 12:47AM
could it be anything to do with me only running an intel hd graphics chip I believe not actually a graphics card
Date: June 25, 2013 12:50AM
Likely. Do a forum search on white cars, my bad, thought it was in the faq.

Date: June 25, 2013 12:52AM
I found this page ...

[www.grandprixgames.org]

But I am not quite sure what they mean by changing the Lod files when it comes to cars as I am using a CSM mod

It is also strange how some tracks have some cars in full colour but others not
Date: June 25, 2013 03:25AM
Try set use lod 0 in mod setup in csm.

Date: June 25, 2013 09:46AM
Posted by: TomMK
If you're getting cars in full colour in some tracks but not others, that suggests you are using track-specific textures, e.g. folders with names like "Melbourne" or "Sepang" in the CSM cars\[teamname] directories. Is that the case?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 25, 2013 03:54PM
unfortunately I do not have that answer all I can say is that I am using the csm 2013 mod released in a different topic.

When using one from the 2009 season it seem to work perfectly apart from the cars handling differently but that may be down to me using the keyboard itself
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy